Your Maiden blasphemy

I think Run to the Hills is a good song, but it is severely overrated. My 5th favourite from TNOTB.

Great thread here.  Really enjoying reading such a wide range of views.  :ok:

I'm I the only one who actually likes Killers??

Anyway,

like -  wrathchild, run to the hills, the trooper, flight of icarus, die with your boots on, rime, back in the village, fear of the dark.

not so keen on - most of FOTD album, futureal, DOD album.

Great site here.  Just found it.  :yey:

Back in 87 when I saw Maiden during Somewhere on Tour I remember when midset a backdrop of a large ship appeared behind Nicko and I turned to my brother and said, "Oh no...it better not be Alexander the Great".  Then played Rime of the Ancient Mariner followed by Walking on Glass which was the highlight of our night.

The blasphemy is that I despised Alexander the Great back then.  I now think it is a classic and it contains Dave's finest solo.

Curious what made you think the ship was an indicator for Alexander. ;)

trooper said:
Great thread here.  Really enjoying reading such a wide range of views.  :ok:

I'm I the only one who actually likes Killers??

Anyway,

like -  wrathchild, run to the hills, the trooper, flight of icarus, die with your boots on, rime, back in the village, fear of the dark.

not so keen on - most of FOTD album, futureal, DOD album.

Great site here.  Just found it.  :yey:
Welcome mate! Stick around, you'll love it here :D

Jupz said:
Welcome mate! Stick around, you'll love it here :D

Cheers Jupz.  Really enjoying reading the views of proper Maiden fans. 

Put on the Live After Death DVD last night and watched the Rock In Rio performance from 85' again.  Reminded me what a massive crowd looks like.  :eek:
Bloody good perfomance too by the boys.  B)

Hallowed is now out of my top 10. And so is Infinite Dreams (replaced by Dance of Death and The Clansman). So sue me for all I care.  :innocent:

As much as I love the new Maiden stuff I don't think any of my Top 10 favorites would fall outside the 80-88 material.  Some come close (Paschendale) but not quite.

Back