Worst Iron Maiden Song

There is only one maiden song that I actually dislike - Weekend Warrior.
It's just boring, lame and quite frankly awful, the only song that comes close to being as bad as WW is The Apparition but that's still a darn sight better

Yea Weekend Warrior sucks man. This, BYDTTSlaughter, and perhaps FHT Eternity. Embarrassing. Contrast to popular opinion here, I love and play loud New Frontier and Age of Innocence. Problem with the lyrics? The lyrics are kick ass on both. I cannot figure the lack of love on those two. :huh:

Yea Weekend Warrior sucks man. This, BYDTTSlaughter, and perhaps FHT Eternity. Embarrassing. Contrast to popular opinion here, I love and play loud New Frontier and Age of Innocence. Problem with the lyrics? The lyrics are kick ass on both. I cannot figure the lack of love on those two. :huh:
I am not gonna lie I love From Here to Eternity, and BYDTTS is pretty good.

Maiden is a great band, and I respect them, but with 15 albums, you are going to find something that you don't like.

For some reason I really dislike songs like The Apparition, Quest for Fire, Chains of Misery, Hooks in You, Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger, Gates of Tomorrow and New Frontier.

Hallowed be thy Name - Pure crap. Overplayed and overrated, simplistic solos and unoriginal lyrics. At 5 o'clock I take this song to the recycling bin.

Phantom of the Opera - Doesn't remind me at all of the epic Broadway musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber. This song, an epic FAIL.

Revelations - Boring, especially live. I much prefer the bible book of the same name. Here's a revelation: Write better riffs!

Aces High - A poor attempt at high tempo metal in which the guys clearly cannot keep up the pace. One time while playing live I saw them stop playing in mid-song because they couldn't keep up with Bruce's lead. They re-started once Nicko caught his breath. Embarrassing. Weak lyrics as well.

Caught Somewhere in Time - A cheap rip off of a classic metal tune from an 80s Swedish band whose name I cannot recall at this moment. Unoriginal.

Blood Brothers - Even Nickelback writes more inspiring songs than this dud. I once heard boos after this was played live in 2010, and I saw someone hurl a cup of juice at the stage in frustration with this song being in the setlist.

Paschendale - Poor guitar work. Needs some more Malmsteen-esque shredding throughout the song to make it more interesting.

Brighter than 1000 Suns - Embarrassingly bad, in all areas. Boring, misplaced solos, and Bruce clearly cannot hit the high notes anymore. Retire please.

Coming Home - See Brighter than 1000 Suns, same deal. Just a weak and unimaginative track from a band that's clearly lost it's creativity, if they ever had any. Lyrics need more edge.

Weekend Warrior by a land-slide.

Reasons:

a) the acoustic intro/interlude parts sound like they ripped-off a folk group, and the drum beat behind it is something that I've heard on The Muppet Show. I think it was the episode with Don Knots.

b) the verses' major-key chord progressions (along with their awkward timing), along with Bruce's singing/rapping are cheesy, and therefore C-side material. This part makes Nodding Donkey Blues sound like Wasted Years in comparison.

c) "watcha gonna do, on Monday.....WATCHA GONNA DOoOoOoOoOo, wat-cha-gonn-a doooooooo, on mondayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy". Lee Aaron use to sing "Watcha Do To My Body".......which is infinitely cooler then the fairy voice that Bruce used during that last "monday" lyric. *Useless trivia moment - Lee's guitarist John Albani played Lado guitars too. Yep....I'm a Canadian, and only us real cool Canadians know that shit.*

d) They sound like drunken hillbillys during the chorus, and Eddie doesn't farm!!!!

I thought that Gangland was an excellent jazz-metal experiment, but this redneck metal song isn't for me. Activision use to have a video game called Barnstorming, it's where you have to fly a plane through barns. If you look really carefully, you can slightly see that the pilot's face resembles Bruce's....no wonder he agreed to sing this tune.

I gotta run....there is a pile of 666 banjos that I have to light on fire.

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier

Not because it is the worst song, but the mix sucks and ruins it. Bruce's vocal is so much louder and drowns out the rest of the band. Kind of like Ozzy's first album.

22BENBREEGAVENUE is definitely trolling.

I agree about Satellite 15. Actually, I don't like the into. the 3 or so minutes where it's just ultra boring instrumental (and don't get me wrong, instrumentals like Transylvania and Losfer Words are great) which doesn't bring anything. The actual sound, after it, is very good. The lyrics are interesting (nothing shocking, just, interesting) and they tell a story of life about a man trapped far but in the end, with no regrets. The song then blends perfectly into El Dorado which you'll excuse me, is possibly the weakest song of the album in my opinion.

I LIKE all Maiden songs...but if I had to pick just one...Angel and the Gambler. That song needs to have about 43 of the 96 repeating choruses removed, and that stupid ass keyboard throughout the song taken out as well. The video version of this song is awesome as shit, and the first time I heard it I couldn't believe it was the same track. Blaze's singing and the music is quite enjoyable though, and I never skip this track when listening to VXI. I do like to picture the band in the studio recording this. Someone should have stepped up to Steve and said "Dude...are you asleep? How many times is Blaze going to repeat that shit?" Maybe Steve couldn't hear them because he was playing the drums at the time?

Weekend Warrior and Apprarition are probably the two worst IMO, I would go Weekend Warrior if I had to pick. The saving grace for Angel and the Gambler is that the single version is better

Hmm. If I had to pick a song, I'd pick something unexpected.

Everyone knows The Apparition is simply unappreciated. And The Fugitive, though claimed by some to be really bad, is actually just too complex to understand.

Hmm. If I had to pick a song, I'd pick something unexpected.

Everyone knows The Apparition is simply unappreciated. And The Fugitive, though claimed by some to be really bad, is actually just too complex to understand.

Or(according to some people here) to boring to understand.

Back