Worst Iron Maiden Song

[!--QuoteBegin-Another Life+Sep 18 2005, 12:40 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Another Life @ Sep 18 2005, 12:40 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]erm my least fav maiden song...hhhhhmmmm

from the ones ive heard maybe....Hooks in u
its difficult really
[snapback]118634[/snapback]​
[/quote]

But it is not difficult to write out the word "you" or use proper spelling in general. [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

With no doubt Virus! I hate that song but almost every other song you named is ok to me for example- From here to eternety, The fallen angel, the angel and the gambler montsegur and of course wildest dreams. But i totally agree on gangland

[!--QuoteBegin-Pblic enemy nmbr 1+Sep 18 2005, 03:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pblic enemy nmbr 1 @ Sep 18 2005, 03:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]With no doubt Virus! I hate that song but almost every other song you named is ok to me for example- From here to eternety, The fallen angel, the angel and the gambler montsegur and of course wildest dreams. But i totally agree on gangland
[snapback]118700[/snapback]​
[/quote]

*sigh*

I don't know why I'm doing this, but here is a translation of the above quote... Notice the difference?

Virus, with no doubt! I hate that song. All the other songs you named are OK to me, for example: From Here To Eternity, Fallen Angel, The Angel And The Gambler, Montsegur, and, of course, Wildest Dreams. I totally agree with Gangland, though.

From Here to Eternity, most definately, The Angel and the Gambler, Lightning Strikes Twice, Hooks in You come to mind immidiately..

The Mercenary....boring
Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter..cheesy lyrics
Fear is the Key
Como Esta Amigos
From here to eternity
Thats all I can think of, and I dont really hate these songs, I just cant get into them. They all are kind of boring to me.

I do like:
Space station no 5
The Apparition
Monstegur
Another Life....how could you not like that one? Great bridge part in the middle.

A small list of worst songs:
Quest for fire
Lonelyness of the long distant runner
Weekend warrior
2 A.M.
The unbeliever
The angel and the gambler
The educated fool
Don't look to the eyes of a stranger
Como estais amigos

I'd have to say my least favourite Maiden song of them all is The Apparition. It's uninspired, boring, and pretty flat musically. I also don't care for The Assassin (for similar reasons). The short version of The Angel And The Gambler is good, but the long version is just about 15 choruses too long. Gates Of Tomorrow is a mediocre song - but on a stellar album. I'm also not a fan of Can I Play With Madness.

Worst, Dont Look to the eyes of a stranger. Sounds like something that COULD work on a Kesha album

I hate the beginig of virus... when its soft HARD...soft HARD.... soft HARD... its horrible... but then it kind of gets better

I am not crazy about the long version of 'Virus', but the shorter version kicks all kinds of ass.

I think my "worst" Maiden songs have all been mentioned... 'Quest for Fire', 'The Assassin', 'Bring Your Daughter...', 'The Apparition', 'Wildest Dreams', about half of Virtual XI...

But I'll throw in one that hasn't been mentioned - 'Fear is The Key'

What? It has one of their greatest instrumental breaks in their catalog! That part is insane.
Its more repetitive than the angel and the gambler, Blaze says the words dont over 200 times

Yeah, I hear you on the repetitive lyric. But the instrumental part that come right after kicks my ass every time.

The one I really hate is Bring your Daughter... Sounds like a bad AC/DC song (and I really dislike AC/DC). Hooks in You is also terrible, like Fear is the Key, Gangland, Public Enema n° One, Wasting Love... Inevitable mistakes within a lot of gems.

The only song I have ever been unhappy with Maiden playing was Women in Uniform. This was a cover from 70's band Skyhooks and I think it was released as a single and music video and was on the Killers album released only in Australia. Crap song when Skyhhooks did it in 78 and no better when Maiden did in 80. All other Maiden songs are good enough for me with some being better than others but all better than the auto tune crap on the radio.

There are 3 Iron Maiden songs I can't listen to at all.

Flash of the Blade, Montsegur, and Mother of Mercy. While I can't stand the latter two because of the chorus, I think that Flash of the Blade just sounds a little childish. I don't really know what it is about that song that makes me think that.

There are 3 Iron Maiden songs I can't listen to at all.

Flash of the Blade, Montsegur, and Mother of Mercy. While I can't stand the latter two because of the chorus, I think that Flash of the Blade just sounds a little childish. I don't really know what it is about that song that makes me think that.

Wow the first one is in my Top 20 currently, Mother of Mercy is in Top 35. I don't find Montsegur special though.

It seems I didn't post my least favorite, here it goes : The Apparition. Hooks in You and The Angel and the Gambler are also close.

The only song I used to skip is Gangland, it just bores me. It's not a bad song, I just don't find it interesting. But c'mon, they've released 15 studio albums, there's bound to be some 'less popular' songs in there somewhere.

According to the head to head Flash your worst are very much in the running for the board's worst.
Abas' are not.

Like this kind of thread. It shows that Maiden fans don't always have the blinkers on and think everything they do is untouchable! While I don't agree with all the suggestions (Loneliness! Public Enema! Flash of the Blade!)

Now...two songs I think are the most OVERRATED songs and are actually really bad are:

Dance of Death
When the Wild Wind Blows

Dance of Death is laughable both musically and lyrically. 'One night wandering in the Everglades...' The Everglades is a wetland. The minstrel bit sounds like Stonehenge by Spinal Tap but I fear Maiden don't exactly have their tongue in their cheek with this one.

When the Wild Wind Blows - I am completely gobsmacked by the amount of attention this song gets by the press, fans and even the guys in the band. The intro is just bad. The lyrics are completely literal (as 'anonymous' pointed out about Alexander) and also grammatically flawed. The only bit this tune that is passable is the bit when it breaksdown for the solos. I turn the new album off after The Man Who Would Be King.

There are a lot more Maiden tunes I don't dig at all but the fact that these two are put on a pedestal just annoys the shit out of me!

Back