which one song would you definitely like to have back in the next setlist?

I would really love to see a setlist consisting of reunion era songs only. I mean they did a "first four albums tour"; how about a "last 4"tour?

back to the topic; if I have to choose only one song it would definitely, absolutely be Dance of Death. I think it's become a Maiden classic and works extremely well on stage. I think it must be played on every tour just like FOTD or IM.

One song to choose, then most definitely Dance of Death.

Songs I would really like to witness live and have somewhat realistic chance:
Phantom of the Opera, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Brave New World, Afraid to Shoot Strangers

Songs I would like to experience live, but have zero chance:
Out of the Silent Planet, Dream of Mirrors, These Colours Don't Run, When the Wild Wind Blows

One tune to rule them all before the end times would have to be Rime, for me.
I missed the 2008 tour in part due to Maidens frankly fucking baffling decision to play one gig and one gig only in the UK or Ireland. Obviously I could have went to London but it just didn't enter my head, back then.

I missed 84 & 86 tours because I was 1 and 3 years old, respectively.

Nope, obviously there's tons of songs better than it but I've already seen most of them. I reckon there's more to be gained bringing something back that I haven't seen already.

So that only leaves VXI and the tours before 93.

I've seen pretty much everything that can be brought "back", you're talking really only the following from the non-VXI albums
Strange World
Charlotte
Innocent Exile
Prodigal Son
Still Life
To Tame a Land
Losfer Words
Caught Somewhere in Time
Sea of Madness
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Stranger in a Strange Land
Tailgunner
Holy Smoke
No Prayer for the Dying
The Assassin
Hooks in You

Ok, I'd probably pick most of them over the Angel and the Gambler, but I like the novelty of Bruce and Adrian playing BALZE!!1 era stuff, plus the mischievousness of the Angel and the Gambler annoying people. Maybe the Edge of Darkness is a better track but that doen't have the annoyance factor, and genuinely I feel Angel and the Gambler would be better live than anything else from the Blaze era that hasn't already been played from this line up.

Just looking at this post now a year later and theres a decent chance of a few, if not all, those SIT songs being played, would have never thought that when posting originally.

I’ve been lucky to have seen almost everything I want to from Maiden live over the last 28 years since my first gig on the X factor tour.

My fantasy returning songs which I’m sure will never happen and I’ll never see is:

Infinite dreams
Still life
From here to eternity
No prayer for the dying

Songs i’d like back which I think have a good chance:

The Clairvoyant
The reincarnation of Benjamin breeg
Ghost of the navigator
Killers
Stranger in a strange land (pretty much nailed on to return this year)

Last edited:
My fantasy returning songs which I’m sure will never happen and I’ll never see is:

Infinite dreams
Still life
From here to eternity
No prayer for the dying
With the revision of SIT this year, I don't think No Prayer For The Dying or Still Life are that impossible.
Songs is like back which I think have a good chance:

The Clairvoyant
The reincarnation of Benjamin breeg
Ghost of the navigator
Killers
Stranger in a strange land (pretty much nailed on to return this year)
^ I agree.
ALL OF SENJUTSU
I want Hell On Earth to become a concert staple, but maybe it is a too long song for that? Maybe at this stage of their career it's already impossible and you can't beat the ''5 big classics'', but I wouldn't say that. Writing On The Wall proved that. Fear, Hallowed and Blood Brothers are 7 minutes long, the aforementioned song too if we remove the intro & outro. I can't see Maiden skipping them live for future tours (like they did with Out Of The Silent Planet). If it has the Blood Brothers/Wicker Man treatment live, it would be great. Surely Maiden can do this without any problem. I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen, tbh.

Last edited:
Main pick would be SSOASS but I fear 2014 was probably the last time.

Songs I've already seen but would welcome back: Die With Your Boots On, Sanctuary, Drifter, Rainmaker, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Bring Your Daugher, Heaven Can Wait, Moonchild, The Prisoner, Murders In The Rue Morgue

Songs I missed out on and would love to see re-aired: Dream of Mirrors, Out Of The Silent Planet, Still Life, Futureal, Be Quick or Be Dead, Holy Smoke, Sea Of Madness, Blood On The World's Hands, Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Back