When the Wild Wind Blows

How good is When the Wild Wind Blows on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
The Man Who Would Be King

I finished the movie last night. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending
was a bitch. The Idea of being your own priest for your inevitable death is touching and sad.
The movie itself was a bit over the top at times, but being animated, it got away with it for the most part.

Oh, I did this before with the book of the same title. Still, I wonder because the title of the book and song are a bit different.

This is from WTWWB, apparently:

Have you heard what is coming to us all?!
That the world as we know it will be coming to an end?!
Have you heard?! Have you heard?!

Jeez man, I just watched the movie and if the song is half as twisted and depressing as the movie, it will be their best song ever.

I know this is kind of hasty having only heard about 30 seconds of the full 11 minutes but there's just... something about what i've heard so far that is almost magical. It has potential to be their absoulte best judging by the subject matter...  :yey:

so is the movie good? I've only seen the end. Last time I watched a war flick it was Johnny Got His Gun and that was deppresing as hell. I do like the Charge of the Light brigade referance.

UpTheIrons said:
I know this is kind of hasty having only heard about 30 seconds of the full 11 minutes but there's just... something about what i've heard so far that is almost magical. It has potential to be their absoulte best judging by the subject matter...  :yey:
I know what you mean. Same with Isle Of Avalon. Even though it's only an instrumental part, I can feel it's something special and magical.

Mosh said:
so is the movie good? I've only seen the end. Last time I watched a war flick it was Johnny Got His Gun and that was depressing as hell. I do like the Charge of the Light brigade referance.

Really good. It seems dumb at first, but that's because they're building the characterization of the naive elderly couple. Once you get into it, it starts turning really twisted. For example,
when they walk outside after the bomb goes off, the wife comments on the smell of cooked meat.
:blink:

Suicidehummer said:
Really good. It seems dumb at first, but that's because they're building the characterization of the naive elderly couple. Once you get into it, it starts turning really twisted. For example,
when they walk outside after the bomb goes off, the wife comments on the smell of cooked meat.
:blink:
That reminds me of the episode of Married With Children where Al turns off the light and gets electrocuted and Peggy says "It smells like ham in here". :lol:

just saw the bomb scene. I'll watch the whole thing later

Jeffmetal said:
This is from WTWWB, apparently:

Have you heard what is coming to us all?!
That the world as we know it will be coming to an end?!
Have you heard?! Have you heard?!

These lines are preceded by "Have you heard what they said on the news today?" from listening to the samples.

saw the movie and I really liked it. It felt short though. It was kind of depresing but not as much as Johnny Got His Gun like I thought it would be. 

Mosh said:
saw the movie and I really liked it. It felt short though. It was kind of depresing but not as much as Johnny Got His Gun like I thought it would be.   

Just passed the nuke sequence, and I can already tell why Steve picked this one to base a song off.  Going to be epic and a tearjerker.

Back