Whats the youngest age you would take a kid to see Maiden live?

Seeing Maiden with DiAnno does not make anyone a bigger fan or gives anyone's argument more gravitas. If anything, it just means you are just older. :D

Dennis Willcock might be a good guy too. At least that is what Barry McKay says. ;)

That is impressive. You might want to share the list with us in the Poll forum, where there is a thread dedicated to how many times we have seen the band.
Of course i will....i do have a few Maiden (old) stories...

Well sit down with a drink (what ever your preferred drink is) i was a very young lad, around 11, my brother said this band were playing the Ruskin Arms, called Iron Maiden, my brother at the time was into mainly 70's rock, so after asking mum and dad nicely off we went, and that was it for me, we even travelled to Oxford a few times were they played the Polytechnic, in 'his' loft my brother still has original tour shirts, so seeing them about 20 times, they then recruit Mr Dickinson, and we went to 10 dates of the NOTB tour, now remember the LP wasn't released, but it still was great shows, 1983 my mum and dad (my brother had turned 18) had a holiday and not only did we see quite a few dates on the Piece of Mind tour, but saw them in the USA (with Saxon and Fastway ex Motorhead's Eddie Clarke), afterwards we actually shared the same hotel with the bands and got autographs galore, i could really bore you to tears, but although i did moan in a previous post in which i now apologies, as you can see i am a massive Maiden fan, adding to nearly every tour they did, i have done Donington, Reading (when Bruce Bruce was in Samson), Wacken, i even went to Rock in Rio, if you look carefully you can see me.......NOT, my brother is Maiden mad, his record/CD he has thousands, and yes we have the original Soundhouse tapes.....so they you go...

it was actually the Ruskin Arms again, as a very unannounced gig, do you know talking and looking back about the Maiden years, i remember a support band called Dirty Deeds (no not an AC/DC cover band) i think they were signed to Mr Harris;s record label and supported Maiden, and then i find out a member who was in that band a certain Richard Faulkner is now in Priest...also Killer Dwarfs was support, Paul Samson, blimey...

Seeing Maiden with DiAnno does not make anyone a bigger fan or gives anyone's argument more gravitas. If anything, it just means you are just older. :D

Dennis Willcock might be a good guy too. At least that is what Barry McKay says. ;)

That is impressive. You might want to share the list with us in the Poll forum, where there is a thread dedicated to how many times we have seen the band.

Yeah who’s jealous you didn’t see them with Paul?

You’ve seen them with Bruce 50,000 times but doesn’t mean squat.

it was actually the Ruskin Arms again, as a very unannounced gig, do you know talking and looking back about the Maiden years, i remember a support band called Dirty Deeds (no not an AC/DC cover band) i think they were signed to Mr Harris;s record label and supported Maiden, and then i find out a member who was in that band a certain Richard Faulkner is now in Priest...also Killer Dwarfs was support, Paul Samson, blimey...

Thanks. So it was the 1980 gig rather than the 1988 one. :)

Dirty Deeds were a good band. Tony Newton was their bass player if I remember correctly.

Thanks. So it was the 1980 gig rather than the 1988 one. :)

Dirty Deeds were a good band. Tony Newton was their bass player if I remember correctly.
Yes the early gig, Tony Newton yes guitarist/singer, good band two LP/CD' under Dirty Deeds and one just under Deeds, we went to see them at the Ruskin Arms (again) about 15 years ago and who should walk in...Mr Harris
Thanks for the youtube footage of that particular gig, both me and my brother had a listen.

I really should of posted my answers in another thread, as Troodon's Tooth has said, my first gig was when i was 13, KISS 'Deuce' Tour May 1976...so yes i am an old git...but nowadays families have earplugs, so as long as your siblings are safe, let them enjoy a gig, and lets be honest you cannot go wrong with Maiden.

I would take mine, considering how loud everything is there. This is the only reason why I would take them early there. There were some very young kids at Sonisphere the other year (and they were seriously enjoying Metallica!). Some people did take young ones near the front, and although some people found it cute and funny, others got pissed off that they had to watch where they were standing all the time and couldn't jump about. I prefer playing would you rather questions for kids with them back in the yard and take them to Maiden when they are at least 15-16.

Last edited:
I don't have kids, so I couldn't say at what age I would bring children to a Maiden show. But, I think I wouldn't do that before they were at least 10 or 12 years old. The minimum age required not to lost them in the crowd.

Back