Whats the youngest age you would take a kid to see Maiden live?

There were some very young kids at Sonisphere the other year (and they were seriously enjoying Metallica!). I wouldn't take them among standing crowds, personally, even if a venue/festival allows it. Some people did take young ones near the front, and although some people found it cute and funny, others got pissed off that they had to watch where they were standing all the time and couldn't jump about. You'd best work out if they can stand very loud noise, too. Maiden indoors are pretty damn loud.

It is a dilemma. But I think that for most kids it is too young. Than again, you know your own son best (at least I hope you do). I won't be taking either of my girls (2 and 5 years old). They like Maiden because I do. Do not know any of the lyrics and are not very fond of noise to put it mildly. Follow your gut feeling and I wish you a very good concert.

Yeah, he knows ALL the lyrics & sings them with real gusto lol

There were some very young kids at Sonisphere the other year (and they were seriously enjoying Metallica!). I wouldn't take them among standing crowds, personally, even if a venue/festival allows it. Some people did take young ones near the front, and although some people found it cute and funny, others got pissed off that they had to watch where they were standing all the time and couldn't jump about. You'd best work out if they can stand very loud noise, too. Maiden indoors are pretty damn loud.

I agree. In the standing area wouldn't be appropriate

Ok, having now seen the show, I have decided to take him but will be taking him out for Beast Eddie as at 4 years of age, that may be a little too real/intense for him. Props to the set team, cos Eddie looks unreal but maybe a little too much. A case of back in for the encore

My first concert was when I was 3, but that was Neil Diamond. Maiden is different. I was 14 when I saw Maiden the first time.

Goodness, for some reason at first I thought you meant King Diamond and my eyes popped out.
Nope, believe it or not when I was 3 I absolutely loved Neil Diamond. My Grandma always played me The Jazz Singer and Hot August night back then :D

Bumped into an old neighbor yesterday. Asked how the "littlun" was doing. Told him, he was growing quickly and Im taking him to his first Maiden gig for his 5th birthday on Friday. He replied "no way, Im taking my 6 year old". I lived a few doors along from him for years and never knew he was into Maiden lol

So there will be a 4 (nearly 5) and a 6 year old in attendance this week! lol

I took my son for the first time when he was 7. 2016 was the year he became into it very much. This year he went to his 3rd gig (saw them in 2017 as well).
A three day festival is a different story indeed. Not sure how I would have done that if that happened here. If practically possible, I'd probably (have him) go for only one day then (or part of it).

Last edited:
For me, I'd never take a child to see Maiden that was too young to take care of themselves.

I don't want to keep one eye on the stage and the other on a child.

When I go to see Iron F*cking Maiden, I will be 100% focused on Iron F*cking Maiden.

For me, it would depend on if I was seeing other dates on the tour. If I was seeing multiple dates, I'd take a kid for one of them, do one for the kid, do the rest for me.

There were some kids behind us at the Newcastle show. The older one (maybe about 8-9) liked it but the younger one (6ish?) got really hot and tired. Plus she couldn't see because a couple decided to shoot the entire show on a phone, so they stood up and resulted in everyone else standing up behind them. And then the floor was so crowded that people came off it and invaded the seating area so they could jump around and throw beer at people. So not a good place for kids.

Huh, people went from the floor TO the seating area, jumped around there and threw beer. Odd. Usually a few people sneak to the floor but most stick where they are. Highly exceptional.

Seating area is fine for kids usually. Very convenient and safe as well. less hot than on the floor. Easier to access drinks. If your kid is into the band, do not worry about it. From there it is easy to watch the band yourself and have an eye on the kid. What can happen anyway on the tribune? The kid would not run away or something and often the calmer people are up there and the idiots on the floor.

I was lucky to see two shows on the tour. One without the kid (floor) and one with (seated). On the last show his mother and granddad were also present. Can't say that show was the worse experience.

I remember that my uncle had tickets for me to see Maiden on the DOD tour at Earls Court but my parents wouldn't let me go. I was 14 FFS. I finally saw them two years later on the Early Days tour at Reading. Worth the wait!

I took my 10 year old, and he had an absolutely wonderful time. No regrets. It was his first-ever rock concert, too. (But I think he'll be disappointed when there aren't any giant zombies getting their hearts ripped out in future concerts. Ya know??? It'll be a letdown.)

In the row in front of us, there was a happy couple with a little girl even younger -- she was only 7. According to the Mom & Dad, they had all seen Metallica, Gn'R, Megadeth, Ozzy, Slayer, etc. too. I thought, "Jeez, this kid is barely outa diapers & is already more metal than I am!" (This was when Ghost opened for Maiden, BTW. At some point during their set, the Ghost singer said something like, " This is for all the women -- let's hear it for the female orgasm!" ...and then the little girl cheered & clapped wildly, as the Mom & Dad looked MORTIFIED at each other. I assume the kid thought it was just a "girl power" sentiment & didn't understand the message, but it was still kinda creepy.)

In Sweden, there's a minimum 13 years of age by law restriction due to the high volume at concerts (with or without parents, no exception).

There were younger kids at Grona Lund when I saw The Cult there in 2010.

Yes, but those events are then more restricted on allowed volume. Gröna Lund is an amusement park, so they probably can't be as loud as stadium or festival concerts in the first place.

Back