Whats the youngest age you would take a kid to see Maiden live?

My 4 year old is absolutely obsessed. Knows all the lyrics to a majority of the chorus's & makes up the words to any verses he doesn't know as he goes along. Im thinking about taking him (ear protection worn of course) to the O2 London, in August, the month he turns 5. Acceptable? Don't judge me! lol

In addition (I wont mention what tracks to prevent spoilers) but normally I never check setlists as I like being surprised on the night. But when I started thinking about this I checked to make sure his favs are in there. And they are!

This is fine as long as you have seating tickets. At the O2 Arena standing is for 16 and above. I think it's fine to take a small child to this sort of show as long as it won't annoy other people and can focus on the show. I've seen children running around a cinema before instead of watching the film.

Yeah I got standing at an earlier performance. This one is seating tickets. I have a feeling he will be crawling round my shoulder but he wont run off. Hes too obsessed with the prospect of seeing the band

My daughter, who is 4 years old, also wants to go to a Maiden gig, but I might wait until she is a bit older (it might be too much for her at the moment). It would be seated, of course.

Let's hope the band continue touring so she is able to see them live at some point.

My 4 year old enjoys Maiden as well. I had a fleeting thought of taking him, but decided against it. My wife nearly had a heart attack when I mentioned it! I had a friend with a 6 year old go to a show though.

The crowd is (pardon the pun) the real X factor though. There was a classic drunken beatdown in the row in front of me last time during the Maiden England show - definitely would not want the kiddo near that. Even though most Maiden crowds are pretty respectful and mellow compared to other acts, it's still a "metal" show so drug use, language, fights etc...are all a possibility. It probably depends on your tolerance /contingency plan for those things, and how well the venue handles those items.

My daughter, who is 4 years old, also wants to go to a Maiden gig, but I might wait until she is a bit older (it might be too much for her at the moment). It would be seated, of course.

Let's hope the band continue touring so she is able to see them live at some point.
You now what? This is actually part of my thinking. With how obsessed he is now, I would hate it if the band announced they are gonna stop touring (look, its gonna happen one day) and he never got to seem them

Too young imo. Call me conservative, but I also wouldn’t want a five year old child to deal with Maiden covers or shirts or Eddie in general. It’s just not appropriate for that age. IMO.

A little too late for that lol He has already asked me if Eddie is gonna say hello on the day :facepalm:

My 4 year old enjoys Maiden as well. I had a fleeting thought of taking him, but decided against it. My wife nearly had a heart attack when I mentioned it! I had a friend with a 6 year old go to a show though.

The crowd is the (pardon the pun) the real X factor though. There was a classic drunken beatdown in the row in front of me last time during the Maiden England show - definitely would not want the kiddo near that. Even though most Maiden crowds are pretty respectful and mellow compared to other acts, it's still a "metal" show so drug use, language, fights etc...are all a possibility. It probably depends on your tolerance /contingency plan for those things, and how well the venue handles those items.

The O2 in London isn't too crazy. And as mentioned, we are in the seats away from most of the rowdy lot. Will be away from any heavy drug use and never seen a fight at the o2 (boxing included sometimes lol) but I have thought about the language cos Bruce is partial to an f word between songs and I have tried to protect him from that.

The crowd is (pardon the pun) the real X factor though. There was a classic drunken beatdown in the row in front of me last time during the Maiden England show - definitely would not want the kiddo near that. Even though most Maiden crowds are pretty respectful and mellow compared to other acts, it's still a "metal" show so drug use, language, fights etc...are all a possibility. It probably depends on your tolerance /contingency plan for those things, and how well the venue handles those items.

Crowds at the O2 in London (and other venues in the UK for that matter) have been really welcoming to any children whenever there have been any, which is on every tour given the appeal of the band to the young ones and the old ones. :)

Crowds at the O2 in London (and other venues in the UK for that matter) have been really welcoming to any children whenever there have been any, which is on every tour given the appeal of the band to the young ones and the old ones. :)

You guys are lucky! The US venues that I have been to have been a mixed bag on that front. I think part of it is that there are always too few ushers so if something happens, the response is slow.

Realistically, a Maiden show is pretty tame, crowd behavior wise, compared to so many other acts. Most metal fans are very respectful to familes and children at shows. Ive only seen one fight at a Maiden show...it just happened to be right in front of me!

This is fine as long as you have seating tickets. At the O2 Arena standing is for 16 and above. I think it's fine to take a small child to this sort of show as long as it won't annoy other people and can focus on the show.

4-5 years old may be too young, but that is just my opinion. If you buy the kid an actual seat, then you might be able to get away with it. Though I would hope they have the attention span and understanding that it will be a 2-3 hour concert. Kids that age seem to be pretty restless when it comes to sitting/standing for long periods of time.

And I'm afraid I must say that one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a Maiden show was because of a child...

At their Chicago show in 2016, it was the first time I'd ever gotten standing tickets. I showed up at the arena about five hours early because I wanted to get as close as possible to the stage. I was around 20th in line, and when the doors opened there were hundreds in line by then. So I get into the arena and manage to get pretty much second row (only behind the first to the barrier people). In front of me was a tall, Chewbacca-like man who had brought his maybe 5-6 year old daughter. He was slightly to my left before Maiden started and I could still see the entire stage so it wasn't really a problem at the time.

Well, about maybe a quarter of the way through the set, the daughter I guess gets bored or tired of standing on her own and so he picks her up and holds her in his arms. People also shifted a bit as the concert went on, and this seven-foot tall, stocky Chewbacca ended up standing directly in front of my view of the stage around the same time.

Oh but wait, it gets worse. About half way through the concert, the daughter decides to fall asleep (how someone, even a child, can fall asleep front row at a heavy metal concert is beyond me). So he puts her over his shoulder, obstructing my view even more. And what could I do or say about it, without appearing to be an asshole? It was doomed for failure, even though he was the one acting like an asshole to begin with for having no consideration for the (much) smaller people standing behind him.

And then to top it all off, every single band member came over directly to him and gave the little girl a piece of their memorabilia they throw out. That guy went home with everyone's wristbands, guitar picks, and Nicko's drumstick. So there's a life pro tip right there: If you want Iron Maiden to give you their stuff at the end of the concert? Just take a young child along, get as close as you can to the stage, and hold them the entire show.

I was pretty livid the rest of that night. I hadn't spent $120 to see Iron Maiden closeup. I spent $120 to stare at a sleeping little girl that was directly in front of my face, while Iron Maiden played in the background.

So, all I can ask is, just be considerate of others around you if you take the child along.

Last edited:
In addition (I wont mention what tracks to prevent spoilers) but normally I never check setlists as I like being surprised on the night. But when I started thinking about this I checked to make sure his favs are in there. And they are!

I suppose it depends on the kid! I know you are avoiding spoilers, but you should really look online and on youtube at the stage and set and make sure your son would be okay with the current tour's stage imagery. I am planning on taking my 7-year-old daughter if there is a North American leg of this tour. Definitely seated (on the side and up high if possible) and with hearing protection. I say go for it!

Been taking my kids to concerts since they were that age, although the early shows were all outdoors.
It’s one of our best bonding experiences, but I think the key is their genuine interest in the show,as opposed to the interest they have in you.

Consider the venue and their tolerance for loud noises and bright lights and watch from a spot that the kid and the crowd are unlikely to be searching from the others experience.

First show was Maiden/Dio/Motorhead in 2003 with my dad. I was 7. We had seats sort of in the middle of the amphitheater. I had earplugs. He introduced me to their music ahead of time and found that I had interest before taking me to the concert. I remember recognizing The Number of the Beast and Run To the Hills, although not much else. Seeing Eddie was super exciting. I remember starting to get worn out about halfway through the show, but seeing Eddie and hearing Run To the Hills (last song) was still great.

That concert was 15 years ago and I was really young but it's still one of my most cherished childhood memories. I still vividly remember several moments. So needless to say, I think taking kids to concerts can be a great idea. But definitely keep in mind what others have already said in regards to the kid's ability to handle loud noises and to not disrupt the experience for other people. I also recommend maybe showing them clips of the band in concert so they can get an idea of what to expect.

It’s one of our best bonding experiences, but I think the key is their genuine interest in the show,as opposed to the interest they have in you.

This is a great point & he is genuinely obsessed by the band. If I try and put something else on, in the car he will kick off and often if we get home during one of his fav songs we have to sit in the car till it finishes so he can sing along :D

Thanks guys. Theres been some really useful tips & suggestions here. Fortunately seating at Londons O2 is quite child friendly and the chances of him obscuring someone elses view would be minimal. He has watched several concerts on TV so already knows format & who is who in the band. Loves anything Halloween themed so any monsters are good although I will keep an eye on him.

I have a four year old boy and he is very fascinated by Eddie, I’ve showed him some Eddie videoes and my Maiden calendar (right now there’s a image of Eddie barbequeing fingers, eyes and chilies, so no wonder why he keeps staring at my poster), but he’s not interested in the music.

I thought about going to the show in Trondheim with him, but first of all the ticket price was totally not acceptable, and he is just four year old, being on a show for several hours late at night (at least for him) and around 18000 drunk morons ain’t the best enviroment. But I hope to take him to a show in a couple of years if Maiden are still around.

So go to the show with him, but be prepared to leave early if your child gets tired

My daughter will be 10 in a week, and hasn't been to a real gig yet. She likes Maiden a lot and wants to see them. I probably would have taken her this summer if Maiden weren't playing a festival. I don't think a three-day open-air festival in the heat of summer would be the best experience for her. Maybe next time.

It is a dilemma. But I think that for most kids it is too young. Than again, you know your own son best (at least I hope you do). I won't be taking either of my girls (2 and 5 years old). They like Maiden because I do. Do not know any of the lyrics and are not very fond of noise to put it mildly. Follow your gut feeling and I wish you a very good concert.

Back