What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

• Total voters
A full live album from the Blaze era option could have been on the poll.
Please no... As much as I love The X Factor fact is Bailey's performance of tha majority of its songs live were really crap (I've listened to a handful of them and he manages to butcher the sign of the cross chorus on every single one). Now if Blaze decides to release a live record featuring 1995-1998 songs (regarding the huge improvement of his voice nowdays - especially live) that would be amazing!

Please no... As much as I love The X Factor fact is Bailey's performance of tha majority of its songs live were really crap (I've listened to a handful of them and he manages to butcher the sign of the cross chorus on every single one). Now if Blaze decides to release a live record featuring 1995-1998 songs (regarding the huge improvement of his voice nowdays - especially live) that would be amazing!

I think he sounds pretty good on the live tracks that were on Best of the B-Sides. And the Evil that Men Do live version with him isn’t that bad. I know it’s not gonna happen but I would really like a properly produced live album with Blaze.

But even more than that I want a new studio album. They’ve proven they can still make very good music, so I want more.

Old school singles with the new album, i.e one released prior to the album on a couple of formats with b-sides (none live) and a second released after the album has been out a while.

Old school singles with the new album, i.e one released prior to the album on a couple of formats with b-sides (none live) and a second released after the album has been out a while.

I would love this ... but doubt it will happen. For now, new album .. I assume they will clear out whatever they have in the vaults at some point as the band eventually winds down.

I just want a solid new album. I would really like to see songs and arrangements resulting to a 55 minute 10 track album. Unfortunately they do not make them as they used to.

They never made albums with 10 tracks and 55 min run time. There's a few 8 track albums near 55 mins and one 12 track one.

Well I did not say I wanted an exact copy of an old album.

In addition to new album and LOTB live release (Legacy Alive? :D), I'd really love to see some kind of an "Eddie's Live Archives" type of thing from the re-union era; yeah, there are decent pro-shots and high quality bootlegs out there, but I'd really like to have official live versions of various special performances by the current line-up. Not that I'd have any problem with older live versions (if available) of particular songs, but I think that modern live-renditions have usually been pretty outstanding.

Maybe 2x 2CD package?

Disc 1: *title* (BNW single b-sides+a couple of unreleased songs)
1. Aces High '99
2. Wrathchild '99
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight '99
4. Stranger in a Strange Land '99
5. Killers '99
6. Man on the Edge '99
7. Futureal '99
8. Powerslave '99
9. Wasted Years '99
10. Phantom of the Opera '99
11. Children of the Damned (Brixton 2002)

Disc 2: Giving Some 'Ed... (Just throwing some title there... :p)
1. Murders in the Rue Morgue '05
2. Another Life '05
3. Prowler '05
4. The Trooper '05
5. Die With Your Boots On '05
6. Remember Tomorrow '05
7. Phantom of the Opera '05
8. Running Free '05
9. 22 Acacia Avenue '03
10. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter '03

Disc 3: A Matter of Live and Death
1. Different World '06
2. These Colours Don't Run '06
3. Brighter Than a 1000 Suns '06
4. The Pilgrim '06
5. The Longest Day
6. Out of the Shadows '06
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
8. For the Greater Good of God '06
9. Lord of Light '06
10. The Legacy '06
11. Children of the Damned '07

Disc 4: Seventh Son Resurrected
1. Moonchild '13 (or '12)
2. Can I Play With Madness '13
3. The Prisoner '13
4. Afraid to Shoot Strangers '13
5. Phantom of the Opera '13
6. Wasted Years '13
7. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son '13
8. The Clairvoyant '13
9. The Evil That Men Do '13
10. Running Free '13
Bonus: 11. Tears of a Clown '16

Last edited:
I would really, really love it if IM released a live album from LOTB; they are more than likely to do so I believe. But at the moment I'm eagerly anticipating a new (possibly final) album.

Ok, maybe nothing from the pool but I would like to see:

1) The new album, obviously
2) Release from NPFtD (yeah, I know but still for me this is #1 album)
3) Maybe another DVD from the studio recording sessions (like they did with AMOLAD)
4) Demo's from the reunion era (from what I know they have like a shitload of material that was not released because of reasons - I would kill to hear these ideas :) )

Demos? From reunion era? Material unreleased? Yes this would be option 2, if “reunion era” Demos exist....

Seeing as I have full live concerts of Matter of Life and Death, World Piece Tour, Maiden Japan and some other shit, I just want a new album. As much as I want a new album, I keep getting sad every time a new album is released and I think that might be the end. Maybe the best case scenario is to have an album perpetually about to release...but never does.

New Album: Yes please. Preferably an even split of shorter stuff and long, proggier stuff, but it'll probably be 4 hours long. Eh, I'll still love it.

1970s unreleased material: If we're talking unreleased songs, then yes I would be very interested. If it's just live versions of songs we've already heard featuring one-off members, then no thanks.

1981 live with Paul: There aren't that many songs from this era that I'm hankering to hear live versions of, unless they performed "Strange World", so no thanks.

1981 live with Bruce: See above.

1983 live: For what? An official live version of "To Tame A Land" and other songs we've already got live versions of? No thanks.

1986 live: Arghhhh. I'd love to hear a good version of "Caught Somewhere In Time" live, but I just don't think one exists. Minus the third guitar it just sounds weak, weak, weak.

I don't really care as soon as it adds to my vinyls collection: What's vinyl? A 70's drug?

Back