What guitar do you play?

I play a White Jackson Fusion from 1992 :) Apparently it's rare now, and it's a japanese made one so y'know it's good! :ok:
And I use a piece of crap Peavey Rage 108 amp. Used to be great but its roughed up over the time i've had it!

I've never owned a Peavey amp but a friend of mind who has said that they start out with a great sound but then the sound starts to suck.

I have a Peavey amp that's about 25 years old, and still sounds as good as it ever did.

Which sadly isn't very good... but I've never heard it get worse with age.

he didn't specifically say how much worse it gets, but he said they get significantly worse.

Peavey doesn't make junk... I played through one for years and it never gave me a minute's trouble. Sounded pretty good too...

I play a stock Epiphone Dot Lefty into a Marchall MG50 and I can get an almost perfect Maiden tone, surprisingly better than with my Les Paul.

My current main setup : Red B.C. Rich superstrat with a nice strat-alike fretboard, Seymour Duncan Distortion @ bridge and DiMarzio Fast Track 2 @ neck, Floyd Rose, Grover mechanics. Goes to Boss SD-1 -> T.C. Electronics G-Major -> Gallien Krueger 250RL. Cabinet modeling and post effects done by DAW. Everything nicely controlled by Behringer MIDI footboard. I also have Roland Micro Cube and Digitech Genesis II DSP, which i usually use when somebody comes to jam. Also have Jackson Dinky, Ibanez custom RG which is currently on re-fit (waiting for some parts), cheap Casio keyboards used only as MIDI controller. And an Atari ST for nice old school sounds  B)

Ibanez SR300 with Marshall M15. Just a beginner bass player. (Playing with two fingers, my fingers are pretty fast according to bassists I know :D)

The Flash said:
Ibanez SR300 with Marshall M15. Just a beginner bass player. (Playing with two fingers, my fingers are pretty fast according to bassists I know :D)
I wish I could play bass decently. I just play fairly easy stuff for my own songs. Picking, not fingering. Pretend-bass players like I can't play with fingers.  :D

Oh, almost a year ago I bought a "new" guitar (bargain price!). A Gibson Flying V from 1975 - Revamped though of course, or else I couldn't have gotten it so cheap. It's been modified to look like the 1981 model (kept the pickups though! Or at least, they are of the same era). 

Recently purchased a Jackson RR3 black just like Kirk Hammett's from Master of Puppets days. It was an impulse buy, saw it up on the wall and pointed at it and said, "I want that one".

That's pretty much how I ended up with a hollowbody guitar.

Guitar Center seemed pretty honest during the exchange of cash for goods. I was racing to the airport to catch a flight home and thought, "if the axe is wrong it'll still make a great wall hanging". 

Turns out its amazing to solo on although I will probably never master a floating bridge.

My first guitar was an "AXL" Stratocaster copy, pretty naff really.. the Neck pickup sounds good but the rest aren't and it really really picks up feedback and such if I go too near a computer monitor. Second guitar was a Dean ML75, single piece construction I think with 2 double coil humbuckers, sounded decent enough at the time and I used that for many years... till I eventually found myself with a fair spare bit of cash and bought 2 guitars within 6months:

Jackson Soloist 7string archtop - I don't really play anything with 7 strings but it was a damn nice guitar and I figured if I ever DO want to play anything 7 string.. I can't if I don't have on :p. Floyd Rose on it so it stays in tune fantastically and so I usually play most my maiden stuff on it, as I regularly change the tuning on other guitars (and its also my only one with a whammy bar). I think having the 7th string so I can't just overstrum the E has helped my playing quite a bit. Only things I don't really like about this guitar is the EMG pickups need a 9v Battery >.< and the finish on it kinda makes the neck a bit.. sticky for my hand (doesnt feel smooth).

Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore - Probably the best sounding guitar I've got, very crunchy rock sound compared to the Jackson which seems to be more clean (to me at least), fantastic tone even when playing acoustically.. it really rings out whereas my others tend to be very quiet/flat when not plugged in. Shame its only 22fret and no whammy bar as it's very very comfortable to play and I really love it. Never used the Kill Switch on it though :p Wood quality is fantastic and feels very smooth for my fret hand.

I've never really found strat style guitars comfortable to play, my dean and my Les Paul both have a pretty high bridge and a LOT of weight to the guitar, so I find my hand rests in just the right place - the Les Paul more so as the (dont know technical term) bar the strings are fed through just behind the bridge is perfect to be able to rest my hand without muting anything. On my Strat copy I would be constantly knocking the pickups while strumming aswell due to them being attached to scratchplate instead of set into the wood like my other 3.

I use a Vox VT100 Valvetronix amp, have various pedals but rarely use them, fairly happy with the sound I get.. I just wish I could get something that sounded like an acoustic guitar via a pedal combination or amp setting or something.. I hear it all the time at gig's, damnit!

Owning around 10 guitars, I mostly play a Fender American Standard Strat with Seymour Duncan JB Jr. pickups.

Newbie arrived!
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
It's very early days but I'm impressed by just how good this sounds and surprised how easy it is to play. The Pacifica is touted as an ideal beginner's guitar, but seriously, I find the neck much more comfortable on this one, and the weight of the guitar is nice, it's more balanced.
I don't have a lot to compare the pickups with, but its fair to say they're a lot stronger than the Yamaha's generic ones (the Pacifica 412V is HSS configuration).
My LP has a Min-ETune auto-tuner too. I've got mixed feelings about this, mainly wondering how long it'll last and what happens when the system is replaced by newer technology. It usually tunes in a few seconds and has several pre-programmed tunings as well as the option of saving your own.

I'm thinking of redoing the finish on my Les Paul to a gold color. Never changed the color on a guitar before so I dunno how/if that works.

I was looking into making up a kit a while ago, just something to mess about with, and it was the bursts and stains that appealed to me most as far as finish goes. I don't remember seeing anything gold. There are some tutorials on Youtube about finishing guitars. Some recommend as little paint and stuff as possible in case it affects the tone

Back