What are your hobbies?

Nah, I mean its far by European standards I guess. It's also not that far as a bird flies but the roads and train service in this country are...something else. So it's about 8 hours by train.

I really like music. I talk about it with my best friend and record those conversations. It's a podcast that you can listen to if you are so inclined. We cover all sorts of music, but I often get metal and Iron Maiden references in.

I really like music. I talk about it with my best friend and record those conversations. It's a podcast that you can listen to if you are so inclined. We cover all sorts of music, but I often get metal and Iron Maiden references in.

So it's a mixture of Wayne's World and Listen with Nicko?

I build models. I did it all through my childhood, but got away from it for nearly 20 years.

Once my kids were grown and living their own lives, I didn't have anyone to play with, so I got back into it.

Mainly I like to do ships of all kinds. My wife says she cannot understand how tying knots with two tweezers under a lighted magnifying glass can possibly be relaxing.

I also like to do puzzles. Sunday times, 25x25 sudoku, cryptic bywords, all of 'em. I can't walk by one without at least stopping and taking a look.

I have puzzles strategically place all over. My night stand, my car, my big chair, my bathroom, my fort.

Also, I only use red fine point gel pens. I'm very weird about my pens.

Guys at work say it's nuts to so the Sunday crossword in ink. "What if you make a mistake?

Well, sometimes, the puzzle has to win.

This sounds excellent to me. Do you have images?

Here's the International Space Station. Took 18 months, and was a really fun build. Sorry about all the junk in the background. My fort won't ever be in Better Homes.
21869858409_5f5de087dd_e.jpg

This is Hikawa Maru, a Japanese Liner that was converted into a hospital ship during WWII.
14322631309_71510543f8_w.jpg

This is the hull of the USS Constitution. It's currently on the back burner. It's a big project, and my fort is in upheaval right now, so work has ground to a halt.
19833301959_8f9a068ce1_o.jpg

I have other photos somewhere. I just have to find them.

Playing drums, being in a band.
Inactive but still very cherished hobby for which we are now publishing on YouTube: making music (keys/guitar) with two friends, one being poet (Andere Dag) and with Talescape (storytelling with music).
YouTube
Bandcamp

Watching movies at home.
Reading comics series, especially Suske en Wiske (Spike and Suzy in English), preferably the old stuff (1940s, 1950s, 1960s but there are some very strong ones as well in later decades), trying to compile a top 50 at the "moment".
Listening to music (currently still busy with trying to hear every jazz album I bought since 2009; 15-20 to go or something).
Reading on wikipedia.

Last edited:
I used to read a lot of The Phantom, Modesty Blaise and Rip Kirby. I still keep them around, but I rarely read them.

I have the first four "Sandman" books - I'm still trying to develop the discipline to read them properly!

My two main hobbies are the two things I've wanted to do all my life: archery and playing guitar. I also sometimes knit. And now there has loomed onto the horizon the possible opportunity to dust off another old ambition, as I have recently inherited a Heron sailing dinghy :)

Back