What are your hobbies?

Yax

Ancient Mariner
So. Apart from listening to Maiden, music and going to gigs. What are your hobbies?

I've developed a fascination for watches and aquired a few the last 3 or so years. I Frequent a watch forum as well, although I mostly lurk since I'm not enough of a watch nerd to fit in really.

Which ones do you want to know about and what degree of nerdiness?

Painting wargames figures and occasionally
model aircraft. Collecting, showing and painting model horses. Also horse riding/dressage (currently on a break from that) and for many years, 15th Century re-enactment, but I'm also on a break from that.

Reactions: Yax
Um. This is an extensive list, as my hobbies vary from time to time.

I enjoy writing. I'd say of all my hobbies, this is the most prevalent one. I write both individually and collaboratively, generally in the realms of historical fiction and fantasy.

I play a lot of board games. I own over 100, I prefer ones with heavy strategy and tactics, although a board game that is beautiful by realms of its capacity to play smoothly, also enjoyed.

I used to play a lot of RPGs, primarily D&D, but nowadays I'm on a break from this and looking for new systems and methods, I'm a little burnt out on traditional sword and sorcery.

, 15th Century re-enactment, but I'm also on a break from that.
This one is very cool. An ex. colleague reenacts the Viking age, but 15th century is cooler tbh.
I play a lot of board games. I own over 100, I prefer ones with heavy strategy and tactics, although a board game that is beautiful by realms of its capacity to play smoothly, also enjoyed.
Nice! Does that include Stratego?

This one is very cool. An ex. colleague reenacts the Viking age, but 15th century is cooler tbh.
One of my friends was carried off by a Viking at an event once. It was a big multi-period event, which had a parade of warriors through the ages at the end. Just for the heck of it, the re-enactors would then line the side of the paths and cheer on each period as it went past, before joining in the parade again. This could go on several times, each time with people pulling sillier stunts and trying to make other period re-enactors laugh etc. Anyway, a bunch of Vikings started carrying off various women from different periods. We found Rachel about half an hour later wandering near the beer tent.

I liked 15th Century English for the neat armour, fantastic looking livery coats, but also because we could play with gunpowder too. I went on a cannon team for a while which was explosive fun and pretty dangerous, come to think of it.

Listening to music (mostly melodic metal and progressive rock/metal)
Reading and collecting comics
I used to sing in metalbands (looking for a new band at the moment)
Playing acoustic guitar (but very VERY basic, only know a few chords and I'm really bad at fingerpicking)
I used to run (approx. 7 miles) but had to stop because of back and knee problems (Turned into an old fart for sure)
Once in a while I also try to do stand up comedy for small venues (with very dry humour and vocal imitations of famous Belgian people)
Unfortunately there's no time for art anymore, but in a way I grew out of it.

Airfix, guitar (seems to be quite popular here), occasional light military history

Also play a lot of video games and follow motorsport, but I dunno if those count as 'hobbies'

Back