USA Politics

The resignations are coming in. Elaine Chao is the most high profile I've seen so far, a member of the cabinet and Mitch McConnell's wife.

Good.

Edit: Facebook bans Trump for the remainder of his term. I hope Twitter will follow suit.

Last edited:
7sd61h8t4x961.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Yax
It's not that, I have a twisted sense of humor myself rather often, it's just... what I wrote in the IE thread

Well, first of all, meme or not, indeed after I saw the photo, Watching Over My has been playing in my head throughout the day. I'm not even trying to be ironic or anything, just... thinking about stuff.

I mean, I never particularly liked JS, at least not for his music. I just can't get into IE in general, though there are songs here and there (the Something Wicked triptych, Inferno etc) that I genuinely like. On the other hand, I always kinda had a soft spot for him precisely because he was a right wing nut.

Now, don't get me wrong, my "conservatism" is really worlds apart from any type of American Conservatism in general and I wholeheartedly disagreed with most of his ideas, as little as I might have known them. But to be outwardly outspoken in a true minority way, especially in metal where most people are young and lefty and liberal and progressive (just look at this very forum), that was something I appreciated as a - at least - integrity and courage. Same with Megadave, actually.

And yes, I hate Alex Jones as much as I'm allowed to hate anyone.

But this... this really disappointed me. Like, the noble demon is not that noble anymore. I just wonder whether there's going to be any buyer's remorse further on down the road and whether he's gonna regret this - probably - spur-of-the-moment decision.

(also, I don't really think he is truly the violent type, I'd guess that he more or less came across the situation, yes, probably wanting to storm the Capitol, but I doubt even he himself knew it was going to escalate this much - from whatever limitations he has, I always found him to be possibly not as dumb - though I guess that many people would say that a right-wing conspiracy nut has to be dumb by design, but I digress)

And I pity him. Really. In a way. Maybe that's why the most emotionally charged IE song plays in my head.
Like, I know what it is to let yourself get drawn into the moment and do something wild and reckless and wicked... and suddenly realize nothing's the same anymore and that you crossed the line.

Doesn't everyone?

Don't know, it kinda fascinates me as a situation... and paradoxically makes me want to really go and listen to the music more (on Spotify, I won't be really buying that).
Much like being fascinated by the history probably made people listen to the Mayhem songs, because there's really no other reason, because it sounds like shit (sorry, Magnus)

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

EDIT: oh, you deleted your post, so now it all makes no sense :D

It's not that, I have a twisted sense of humor myself rather often, it's just... what I wrote in the IE thread

EDIT: oh, you deleted your post, so now it all makes no sense :D
Nope... it was deleted by a moderator. But I totally understand and agree... it was more the puns and word games with Iced Earth's albums once Schaffer gets arrested. But yeah: I can perfectly see that people get disturbed by that kind of stuff.

Yeah... and I can see where you come from: get dragged by the mob while doing something really dumb he thinks is right at the moment and then coming to terms and conclude "Ooops... seems like I truly fucked up big time>". And BTW... you have all the right to continue loving Iced Earth's songs.

Yeah, for me there's a lot of the pity, even if he did something inexcusable. I expect a lot of net lynching and although I never liked the guy, really, I think he deserves better. He just did something colosallly stupid... and is a very famous person to boot. Wouldn't want to be there.

Also, yesterday Foro posted that song about Trump supporters etc., but honestly, we already have one, and one of the best at that!

So, Trump is now being... somewhat diplomatic. Probably because he's running out of options. Is it just me, or does it look like he's not really enjoying himself there..? :D

It's almost tragic that pro-Trump camp isn't generally that capable with graphical stuff, as the DARKNESS DESCENDS thematics and The Evil Collaborators of The New World Order definitely sound like something very, very cinematic. Or, the latter anyway, something straight out from the toy commercial:

CAN THE BRAVE CHEESEVIVOR™ WARRIORS DEFEAT THE EVIL COLLABORATORS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE?
--
BIDEN-HARRIS 2021-24 - DARKNESS DESCENDS

Also, I've understood that Alaska is part of the US.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-031315__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-031315__01.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Also, apologies if anyone feels insulted or whatever. This whole farce has taken all of the turns between being just a dark comedy and truly horrifically tragic that I just don't know how to react properly.

Ah - brave new world.

BIDEN-HARRIS 2021-24 - DARKNESS DESCENDS
"This country is guilty
The crime is rigging
The sentence is looting
TRUMP DESCENDS!"

as in "Trump Descends" by Trump Angel
The New World Order definitely sound like something very, very cinematic
"For these votes it's just rigging
Cause the congress can't control cheating
Rednecks cast loud and clear
Tell the world THE TRUMP'S ORDER's here!"

as in "The Trump's Order"
by TrumpAmenT

DeVos is out. It’s like two birds with one stone.

The Trump video is ridiculous. The sad part is most Americans are probably gullible enough to fall for it. You can’t come out two weeks before the inauguration and declare a smooth and orderly transition of power. The time for that was two months ago. If Trump had come out with that statement on Election Day and decided to pursue legal action, I would’ve called it stupid but I wouldn’t necessarily think he was out of line. Instead, he threw a temper tantrum of epic proportions and incited an attempted coup against his own government. At best he is negligent, at worst he is a traitor. I stand by what I’ve been saying since yesterday and will continue to say it until action is taken: he has to go. And when he’s out of office, the suffix “to jail” will be added.

The 25th amendment thing is looking increasingly unlikely and with cabinet members dropping like flies, that avenue is probably exhausted. Pence could still invoke the 25th in collaboration with the House, but it seems like he isn’t interested. Pelosi is threatening impeachment and she should follow through on that. Force the republicans from swing districts to make that vote again after what was easily the worst day of Trump’s presidency.

The 25th amendment thing is looking increasingly unlikely and with cabinet members dropping like flies, that avenue is probably exhausted. Pence could still invoke the 25th in collaboration with the House, but it seems like he isn’t interested.
Some news outlets are reporting that Pompeo talked it out with some others and came to the conclusion that it would take at least a week to do things.

By the way, the video people are calling a concession speech was not a concession speech.

Back