USA Politics

I don’t think Trump is any good, he’s just miles better than Biden in my view, even lower than Bush junior and that is quite low already.
Well I think he's a really dangerous idiot but that might be just me.
Anyway, I haven't seen many Americans discussing Bulgarian politics so I don't really feel entitled to discuss theirs.
(But I still think Trump is a really dangerous idiot nevertheless.)

Anyway, I haven't seen many Americans discussing Bulgarian politics so I don't really feel entitled to discuss theirs.
(But I still think Trump is a really dangerous idiot nevertheless.)
For better or worse "U.S politics" is "global politics." The U.S may not hold the international sway it once did, but people still view it as the standard to follow. Its debatable weaknesses has embolden Russia and China among others and has left allies perplexed. I don't see a problem with anybody discussing U.S politics.

I don't see a problem with anybody discussing Bulgarian politics either but lazy bastards can't be arsed, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
I don’t really discuss politics outside of the USA for the same reason, I just don’t feel informed enough but I find reading the threads around here interesting when there’s activity. I think I’ve learned a lot from getting a more global (or at least more European) Maidenfans perspective.

That said, I also enjoy seeing what non Americans have to say. I just hope that they take the time to learn about the basics of how our government and politics function. Fortunately most members here do that.

I don't see a problem with anybody discussing Bulgarian politics either but lazy bastards can't be arsed, apparently.
Eh, one has to be a mover and a shaker to be talked about. There are a bunch of Asian countries, but all people talk about is China and (north) Korea. People only became aware of Pakistan when Bin Laden was hiding there, etc. When it comes to international news I see it being dominated by U.S, U.K, France, Germany and Russia.

Yeah, whether we like it or not, American politics are influential world wide. I'm a Greek guy living in Germany but I'm keeping up with US politics because our conservatives here are trying to import all the American culture war shit as well. We've got right wing politicians starting to attack "wokeness" and other similar buzzwords that they picked up from the GOP publicly.

I was thinking the same in 2016 and I was still against him in 2020, but the fact is that no world peace threatening war (if any war at all) started during his watch, unlike Biden.
Yet it goes beyond Biden, I am coming to the conclusion that Democratic party is more dangerous for the world peace than GOP is.

I was thinking the same in 2016 and I was still against him in 2020, but the fact is that no world peace threatening war (if any war at all) started during his watch, unlike Biden.
Yet it goes beyond Biden, I am coming to the conclusion that Democratic party is more dangerous for the world peace than GOP is.
If you genuinely think that what happened was due to Biden and wouldn't have happened under Trump I genuinely have no idea what to tell you. The GOP is descending fast towards fascism and has shown that they have no idea how to govern anymore.

Edit: Also, way to blame Biden for Putin's actions when we've seen quite clearly that Trump is a useful idiot for Russia and arguably a compromised asset.

Yeah, no point in engaging with constant lies and disproven far right talking points, ignoring from now on.

Last edited:
@Vaenyr
There is a long thread of events, it didn't all started in 2022. Except that Joe Biden was there since the start.
Maidan & Minsk Agreements collapses happened under Obama with Biden being specifically in charge of Ukraine. Victoria Nuland -now deputy of Blinken played a very active role even caught on tape to handpicking the future government. Moving fwd, when Trump became president, Democrats threw the Russian collusion on the table something that is now officially debunked. And let's not forget the first impeachment of Trump happened on an Ukraine case nor Hunter's scandals which are also tied to Ukraine.
Speaking of Nuland, she was part of virtually every US government since early 2000s. All except Trump's.
Biden was very fast to cut any potential channels with Putin as soon as he became president and completely ignored latter's public request for guarantees that Ukraine will not join NATO.

Those are some of my arguments. What are yours making the case that the war would have happened anyway under Trump? Do you have any?

PS
And it's not just Russia, Israel was a major mishandling with huge potential for further escalation. Middle-East was closer to US under Trump, now they parade to welcome Putin, Iran & Saudi Arabia got in terms under Biden, de-dollarisation started under Biden, Pelosi to Taiwan, Xi dictator and all that nonsense that are only counter-productive in a diplomatic level.

Germany had just gotten a new government in late 2021 which announced a shift in energy politics that was heavily dependent on Russian gas imports. It was also unclear how Germany would generally behave towards Russia now, since Scholz and some of his close associates were among the chief brokers of the Gazprom deals of the Schröder years. It was clear Merkel would have responded harshly on Putin's invasion of Ukraine, but not that Scholz would. You might as well ask whether Putin would have invaded had there still been a Merkel-led government in Germany.

This will probably be my final message to you for the sake of not being overly toxic on the forum: Stop your constant lying. Russian collusion was not "debunked". Mueller specifically said "If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so" and the only reason he didn't call it collusion is because it's not a legal term.

I have plenty of arguments to make, but you never engage in good faith. Every single time you debate with someone you completely ignore all evidence presented to you, especially when it contradicts the factually incorrect information you spouted with talking points so nonsensical that Fox News would blush. I could point to the 34 people who were indicted and the ones who plead guilty due to the findings of the Mueller report. I could point to the numerous ties between Trump, his team and Russia. I could bring up a lot of evidence, and you would dismiss all of it, or would simply stop responding like you do all the other times you were confronted about your disingenuous tactics. Guess you get to be the first user I'll put on ignore, congrats on that.

You presented zero positive arguments to make your case. Instead you started attacking on personal level. And it’s me that doesn’t engage in good faith? Get real.

@Vaenyr, do You see what he is doing? When You call him out, he falls on the ground and accuses You being aggressive. And mirrors Your words, although he has not presented any arguments in the first place. He's demon, he's devil, he's black pr/public relations/propaganda stuntman.

edit: And when he falls on the ground and accuses You being aggressive, then forum mods show up and stops it all. Yet he remains unpunished/unwarned and some time later he does his black pr/propaganda stunts again.

Last edited:
@Vaenyr, do You see what he is doing? When You call him out, he falls on the ground and accuses You being aggressive. And mirrors Your words, although he has not presented any arguments in the first place. He's demon, he's devil, he's black pr/public relations/propaganda stuntman.

edit: And when he falls on the ground and accuses You being aggressive, then forum mods show up and stops it all. Yet he remains unpunished/unwarned and some time later he does his black pr/propaganda stunts again.
I'd suggest to just put him on ignore, because he'll never change and he'll continue to just lie through his teeth and state already disproven claims. Arguably one of the most disrespectful members on this board.

Anyway, enough off-topic chatter, let's return to US politics.

When have we done that? Pretty sure we've allowed this circular back and forth to continue, and a couple of mods have even called out 5 for being uninformed.

We have asked users (mainly you) to contribute more than a smiley or personal attack to the discussion, basically encouraging an actual contribution.

We're not going to shut down this "discussion," but I would encourage folks to think about the end goal here. I think Vaenyr is right that 5 doesn't argue in good faith, but I think he is also right to use the ignore button in that case. Nobody is going to change anybody's minds here because nobody is open to having their minds changed. I think this forum has been capable of high level discussions on politics, but every argument with 5 on here has led to a dead end (and I'm guilty of this as well).

Understood, boss. I must turn blind eye to a blatant lies and propaganda.
Like I said, mods show up and beat anybody except source of lies.

Back