USA Politics

Understood, boss. I must turn blind eye to a blatant lies and propaganda.
Like I said, mods show up and beat anybody except source of lies.

No, you just talk to other people in a decent and respectful fashion. That's what we ask of you.

Listen, you people, all of you. This has been going in circles for months now. 5 makes a statement. Everybody demonstrates to him that this statement is wrong. He ignores most of the posts everyone makes, people point that out to him, then eventually it dies down until the next round. We get it. We've all been through it. And by God, has he been frustrating me, especially in the chat.

At this point, I suggest everyone who is sick of it to just stop engaging with 5. His false statements don't stand uncontested, the last fuckzillion pages in this thread disprove virtually everything he's been saying and could say for now. There's no more we can do.

But I'll also say something else, having known 5 for a long time now. I don't think he's doing this in bad faith. I think he genuinely believes what he posts, and he thinks we are the deluded ones. He's not lying about anything, because he thinks what he says is true. He does not engage with many of our arguments because many of our posts, and I include mine in this, have been very harsh in the past and present, and he will only engage with (and probably only read) respectfully written posts. And I know it's really bloody hard to stay respectful and understanding with many, many of the things he says, so there's two ways we can go about this: Either try to muster the patience to meet him eye to eye rather than shout at him from a high horse, or ignore what he says.

But please, let's not have a situation where everyone groups together and rages at one guy with the wrath of the righteous. At the end of the day, 5 is one guy who has a right to his opinion and a right to be wrong.

If we see that there is actually something genuinely dangerous about his posts or their effect on people, we will step in. But until that happens, let's treat all this for what it is, a politics thread for nerds on an insignificant music related forum on the internet.

No, you just talk to other people in a decent and respectful fashion. That's what we ask of you.

Listen, you people, all of you. This has been going in circles for months now. 5 makes a statement. Everybody demonstrates to him that this statement is wrong. He ignores most of the posts everyone makes, people point that out to him, then eventually it dies down until the next round. We get it. We've all been through it. And by God, has he been frustrating me, especially in the chat.

At this point, I suggest everyone who is sick of it to just stop engaging with 5. His false statements don't stand uncontested, the last fuckzillion pages in this thread disprove virtually everything he's been saying and could say for now. There's no more we can do.

But I'll also say something else, having known 5 for a long time now. I don't think he's doing this in bad faith. I think he genuinely believes what he posts, and he thinks we are the deluded ones. He's not lying about anything, because he thinks what he says is true. He does not engage with many of our arguments because many of our posts, and I include mine in this, have been very harsh in the past and present, and he will only engage with (and probably only read) respectfully written posts. And I know it's really bloody hard to stay respectful and understanding with many, many of the things he says, so there's two ways we can go about this: Either try to muster the patience to meet him eye to eye rather than shout at him from a high horse, or ignore what he says.

But please, let's not have a situation where everyone groups together and rages at one guy with the wrath of the righteous. At the end of the day, 5 is one guy who has a right to his opinion and a right to be wrong.

If we see that there is actually something genuinely dangerous about his posts or their effect on people, we will step in. But until that happens, let's treat all this for what it is, a politics thread for nerds on an insignificant music related forum on the internet.
Utter respect for this post Per. Well done indeed.

Thanks @Perun it’s a bit worrisome how many people are enraged with what I say. I think in the last one it was quite unfair but nevermind.

There was a moment that I was completely in the wrong, you had destroyed me in the chat, about that NATO thing and I didn’t admit it then. I’m not proud of it, but I admit it now.

There was a moment that I was completely in the wrong, you had destroyed me in the chat, about that NATO thing and I didn’t admit it then. I’m not proud of it, but I admit it now.
Being able to acknowledge when your position is weak, or when you’ve been shown to be wrong, is the cornerstone of productive discussion. The goal is for everyone to walk away better informed and closer to the truth, and that’s only possible when these things are acknowledged and counterpoints are remembered.

"America should be recognized as a Christian nation 'where our rights and duties are understood to come from God,' Vought wrote two years ago in Newsweek.

'It is a commitment to an institutional separation between church and state, but not the separation of Christianity from its influence on government and society,' he continued, noting such a framework 'can lead to beneficial outcomes for our own communities, as well as individuals of all faiths.'"

Well, that clearly doesn't make any sense at all.

The recent confirmation of the GOP falling for Russian disinformation campaigns (or rather being complicit) and that the star witness is compromised is pretty fascinating to watch. At this rate all criticisms of Biden, both the valid ones and the disingenuous ones, won't matter by the time the election comes due to the GOP constantly shooting itself in the foot. Just in the last couple of days we've had this news story, as well as Trump's leaked national abortion ban plans.

The recent confirmation of the GOP falling for Russian disinformation campaigns (or rather being complicit) and that the star witness is compromised is pretty fascinating to watch. At this rate all criticisms of Biden, both the valid ones and the disingenuous ones, won't matter by the time the election comes due to the GOP constantly shooting itself in the foot. Just in the last couple of days we've had this news story, as well as Trump's leaked national abortion ban plans.
I don’t think anything, save for him being deemed ineligible, will stop Trump from running (and probably winning).

I don’t think anything, save for him being deemed ineligible, will stop Trump from running (and probably winning).
Oh, he'll definitely try everything in his power to run, not disputing that. And we should never underestimate him and his base, it's not going to be easy to defeat him.

Just saying that despite there being legitimate issues and problems with Biden (his handling of Gaza, concerns about his age and memory, stuff like that) the GOP manages to create perfect attack ads for the Democrats to divert anyone's attention away from Biden. The Dems have historically been quite bad at messaging, but maybe this time they can manage to not screw up such golden opportunities.

Back