USA Politics

I don’t see why not, but seeing a convicted criminal win the presidency would be something.

Do you see a number of lawsuits appearing against Trump after he loses the immunity?

All the investigations he obstructed were probably on to something. Not probably but 100%

Biden will pardon Trump if he wants to lose the house in 2022 and guarantee a Republican president in 2024.

It’s unnecessary anyway since the state investigations of trump will continue.
It was on a local news discussion as a possibility, brought up by a non american I must admit.

I‘m just trying to figure it out for myself, but I have to remind me that the “comma” part is american and the “o” is closer to “ah”, which I’m sure your course in english phonetics has a symbol for. ;)

Statement George W. Bush:

“I just talked to the President-elect of the United States, Joe Biden. I extended my warm congratulations and thanked him for the patriotic message he delivered last night. I also called Kamala Harris to congratulate her on her historic election to the vice presidency. Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country. The President-elect reiterated that while he ran as a Democrat, he will govern for all Americans. I offered him the same thing I offered Presidents Trump and Obama: my prayers for his success, and my pledge to help in any way I can.“

CNN reports of planned mass meetings to rile up his supporters, call for recount and further destabilize America. The man is simply put a traitor to his own country.

Last edited:
A weekend of golf is over for President Trump. Back to work, Mr President! I guess his top priority will be meeting with his consigliere and the next generation of mafiosi to start working on the lawsuits against the election result, so that his big win can be recognized? Or was it totalen Krieg that was their conclusion?

Covid-19 is supposed to be done now that the election is finished, and I assume the wall has been built and a new and better trade deal with China will be signed as a Christmas gift to the American people.

Alternately, Trump will spend the next two months firing people and pardoning all kinds of crooks.

Our president, Lopez Obrador, is under fire locally and internationally for not calling and congratulating Biden. He said he won't do it until the results are certified. I don't like the guy, I detest most of the stuff he's done, BUT I understand this. Mexico has a long history of rigged elections.

The ones in "recent" memory go back to 1988, when Carlos Salinas of the PRI stole the election from PRD candidate Cuahtemoc Cardenas, son of ex-president Lazaro Cardenas. Cardenas was ahead in the count and suddenly the system "crashed," when it came back up Salinas was magically the winner. In 1994 the PRI assassinated their own candidate, Luis Donaldo Colosio, for not fitting the party mold. Then in 2006, Lopez Obrador was running for the second time, still part of the PRD, and Felipe Calderon of the PAN rigged it in his favor. Lopez Obrador famously threw protest after protest, rightly calling election fraud. People called him an idiot, a drama queen and a sore loser.

I am not saying that is what is going on in the U.S, I'm only stating that I understand our presidents position considering our own history. I don't think he is doing anything inherently wrong or stupid and the criticism is unfair.

Sounds like a witch hunt to me...
We do have a grassroots movement called FRENA, what exactly the acronym stands for I forget, something something against AMLO (Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador), but it spells Break, as in stop, not as in broken. They keep protesting outside of the national palace in Mexico City asking for him to resign, and he's barely two years in. So yes, a lot of it is just people piling on more shit on him.

Mitch McConnell doesn't want to recognize Biden as president elect. Shocker.

But if he believes Trump's claims of voter fraud, why not be bold enough to say so?

It’s fine. The electors have to be selected by Dec. 8 and most states will certify results by the end of November. All challenges to vote counts have to be wrapped up by Dec. 8, period. Trump’s only recourse after that date would be to try to get enough faithless electors to vote differently from their states’ results to get him to 270, and while I can’t say that’s impossible, I have a hard time believing they could convince enough people to so brazenly steal an election so publicly.

Republicans are trying to not piss off the Trump faithful, so most of them will keep their mouths shut until all court challenges are exhausted and the electoral college votes. And some will claim fraud even after that, but whatever.

I hope that Biden will be given some perspective for long term goals.
America seems to just have dodged a bullet, but to bring the country into condition after all the damage from the past four years is going to take a decade or longer.

We seem to increasingly have to deal with dicatorships again. What troubles me is that free societies seem to want to destroy themselves from within, because its people are too dumb to recognize it, or too lazy to try to make a difference.

Well, for the moment we still have a republic and not a monarchy — if we can keep it.

Back