USA Politics

I've seen another one from the opposite political position, it's fake news so Trump can avoid having to campaign

Last edited:
Well, now everyone is talking about him mocking Joe for wearing a mask rather than the white supremacy comments. Neither are a good look.

I expect the most boring outcome: Trump shows mild to no symptoms and recovers in a couple weeks. He hits the campaign trail with the message that COVID “isn’t that bad.”

I agree that him dying would be the worst scenario for the big picture, but it would be poetic.

I agree that him dying would be the worst scenario for the big picture, but it would be poetic.

A certain type of person seems to have some sort of strong resistance against the coronavirus: Jair Bolsonaro, Silvio Berlusconi, Boris Johnson...

Boris almost died.

The worst thing for Trump would be almost dying.
I agree with this, especially considering if he has a bad strain of the virus he will be incapacitated likely through the election.

What happens if he croaks this close to the election?

Is it postponed? Pence becomes the nominee, someone else?
If it’s before the election, the party can put up a new nominee, but I don’t know what happens with ballots that have already been submitted with Trump selected. I guess they still count toward electing Republican electors who can decide how to cast their vote in the electoral college. It wouldn’t work the same way for senators or reps, though.

After the election but before the electoral college vote, the party can submit a new nominee and the electors can vote as they choose, though some are bound by state laws. I believe both parties have said in writing that in these cases they will always make the vice presidential nominee the new presidential nominee.

After the electoral college vote, the constitution speaks to this directly, and the Vice President-Elect would become President on January 20th.

Trump is actively working very hard to ruin America's democracy, and by extention, the western way of life, to satisfy his insanely large ego. This affects the rest of the western world. Yes, I hate him and I don't wish him well. There is no other political figure alive in this world I feel this level of disgust for.

Last edited:
Yea I said it. He's an old fuck that does way more damage than he's worth. It's not like I said let's hang a kid. I mean if this guy is going to spend his final years in wrecking havoc he better be gone as fast as possible.

Reactions: Yax
Back