USA Politics

more problems with the whole voting issue.
The thing is that you're establishing a false equivalency between technical issues (which occur in every election globally) and dedicated voter fraud. In the USA, as in most functioning democracies, the technical issues are detected and generally quickly ratified, just like in the NYT article you posted. In fact, that's a good thing. It means people are locating and correcting the challenges.

Yax is completely correct. Voter fraud in the USA doesn't happen. There are lots of mechanisms to prevent it.

In other words, your vote will count, and all votes will be correctly counted. It's a safe system. The only thing unsafe about it is Donald Trump lying that the system is unsafe.

The problem is not democracy in the US, it's Trump. That's for sure.

What's a bit iffy in the whole story, is that private vendors providing equipment still get to retain their "trade secrets", "intellectual property" bullshit and in essence you get a private company provided black box working under government authority.

(disregard the baity name, it is about backdoors in Diebold voting machines, 15 years old)

However if you can double check every point of vote the problem diminishes.

" Products containing an American President's quotes have been banned on one of the world's largest websites, for spreading hate and violence. Think about that for a second. "

Trump got COVID
Kind of surprised it took this long, actually.

I don’t wish him bodily harm no matter how repugnant he is, but if the disease winds up killing him it will be his own fault, and fully deserved.

I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the election. On one side, Trump will have to suspend campaign events and possibly give the next debates a pass. On the other side, maybe he'll score some sympathy points.

It is important that the Biden campaign abstains from expressing Schadenfreude or making jokes about this. Leave that to others.

For US public health it would probably be best if Trump spends a week or two in hospital with this illness, so that even his most die hard supporters realize they should take this shit seriously. That would be the final nail in the coffin for the "just a flu" advocates.

Trump has a good chance. America has the world's best doctors for those who can afford them and he can.

If he shouldn't make it, however, that'll be the starting point of dangerous conspiracy theories that he was killed by the Democrats, and that might turn out to be the moment shit really hits the fan.

Trump has a good chance. America has the world's best doctors for those who can afford them and he can.

If he shouldn't make it, however, that'll be the starting point of dangerous conspiracy theories that he was killed by the Democrats, and that might turn out to be the moment shit really hits the fan.
Yes, there's that - I was too busy gloating to consider it. There's also the risk of it somehow getting transmitted to Biden during the debate.

Conspiracy theories are already bouncing around that Biden infected him on stage at the debate.

Despite the fact that they never touched or got near each other.

Conspiracy theories are already bouncing around that Biden infected him on stage at the debate.

Despite the fact that they never touched or got near each other.
So what, the Democrats had Biden infected so he in turn could infect Trump...?
:facepalm:

It isn't impossible though that one infected the other, as I said. But that's not high up on the probability rate.

Call me inhuman, threaten me with bitching karma and paybacks when I least expect them; I hope he dies. I hope he succumbs to the disease in a matter of days and that his old feeble body gets overrun by the virus.

Call me inhuman, threaten me with bitching karma and paybacks when I least expect them; I hope he dies. I hope he succumbs to the disease in a matter of days and that his old feeble body gets overran by the virus.
I'd wish for nothing else either, if it wasn't for the possible ramifications Perun touched upon.

Back