UEFA EURO 2020 (2021)

Despite the 2 goals against us, I'm glad to have seen a lot of strength. A much better impression than the two recent practice matches.

The Netherlands used to be one of my favorite teams growing up. I'm glad to see such an entertaining and energetic performance from them.

Latest game (NED-UKR) was the first interesting one on this EURO. I must admit I've expected much more from Netherlands and much less from Ukraine. That being said, I must admit I don't think Netherlands has high chance of winning this tournament as I've thought before it started. More so, with what they've shown yesterday, I think England too won't make it to the top (they've played it quite safe, unlike Belgium for example who ran over Russia and it didn't look like they gave it their all. )

Opponent Belgium: Russia: very weak performance (almost like "here is the ball, please score in our goal").
Opponent Italy: Turkey: very weak performance (they virtually did nothing).
Opponent England: Croatia: slow play, not impressive.
Opponent Netherlands: Ukraine: much, much better and more dangerous team than above opponents.
Netherlands: most impressive play from all I've seen, against a strong opponent.

I know this sounds arrogant from a Dutchman, but someone needs to say it. ;--)

I feel sorry for Scotland. They tried hard but could not finish a single (major) chance (they had plenty). Spectacular second goal by the Czechs!

Last edited:
Okay, Italy is very impressive, again.
Tireless, constant fast play. And now vs a better opponent than Turkey is.

Switzerland try hard. But I fear they need to hope for a best of third place qualification to the knock-outs... by beating Turkey.

Italy looks good, yes, but Switzerland and Turkey are not great teams. I still think France are the favorites as Mbappe can absolutely torch Italian aging defence with his speed.

Me too. In this group I'm for Germany.

The risk is that Oranje can meet Angstgegner Portugal in our first knock-out match..:ahhh:

Last edited:
Don't know if we will make it to the semifinals or even to the final... What I know, for sure, is that we haven't been this strong and this good since Euro 2012, or even since World Cup 2006!

The "you haven't faced very strong teams yet" thing is relatively valid: just see France's last result.

I think Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal and Italy are the best teams/the candidates to the final win.
Screenshot_20210621-072301_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Always to good to have an underestimating opponent.
View attachment 15129

Absolutely not understimating! I'm an Inter supporter, and I perfectly know that De Vrij alone is a fuckin' wall, mate. You've got a good squad.
I just feel the 5 teams I mentioned have more chances than you have. But I'm talking about winning the title.
You can do very well through the competition (and I think you will).

Put your money on Denmark. The stars are aligned.

I guess tonight, Scotland vs Croatia is the one to watch. England vs Czechia will be a dull draw. The Czechs are group winners with that and England are happy to finish second, but neither team would want to finish 3rd. Croatia and Scotland both need to win.

This Euro is just too weird due to the format and circumstances.

Especially the 'supporters', national supporting groups are like Starbucks compared to club supporters, and now there's like couple of thousand of those types on the stands and nothing more. It's completely plastic, unreal. Like yesterday, those were the faces of people that thought Scotland can go through even while losing 1-2, and only at long standing 1-3 deep after 80min mark they've started to grasp the reality. On the other side, careful selections of camera shots over detached Croat supporters waving Hajduk Split flag around, again politics and UEFA corporate bullshit.

Croatia does not have energy in it. We have Barcelona syndrome, quality is concentrated in the middle only, which is a disaster because of A) lack of defensive player that can push the ball forward and transform to offense B ) lack of offensive player that can pick up the ball from the middle and create opportunities. Therefore the mid needs to tika-taka the ball to opponent's half which is doable but lasts forever and has no meaning if there isn't a fast box executioner who can actually create an opening and shoot from 15m. Backs are not on the level needed for such a tactic, although Juranovic did a good game yesterday, we're yet to see both him and Guardiol consistent, let alone on Modric/Kovacic level. Petkovic is stuck in late 70s and thinks he can walk around the field doing everything with first touch and a bit of dribble.

In the end, I just want teams that play bad to drop off as soon as possible (that includes this entire group, if England and Croatia don't start delivering), because the shitty situation and the terrible format removed any kind of atmosphere from it.

Lot of ifs and buts tonight, but one thing is clear: Poland must win or they're out. Spain can squeak through on goal difference with a draw, as they'll be better than Finland and Ukraine - but that depends on Poland not winning. SVK will secure a place in the next round with a draw as well. Sweden will go through even with a loss.

Group F has one clear underdog - tonight they won't have a huge home crowd helping them as was the case against France, I expect France vs Portugal to be the more dramatic one. The loser will still go through except in the case where France win by four. A three-goal win for France will see Portugal advance at Finland's expense due to more goals scored ...

Fucking hell. Poland played with so much fire in the 2nd half. I really, really hoped they would have won. Would have been deserved. Awesome Lewandowski goals... but bye bye Poland.

Back