UEFA EURO 2016

Which country will you root for?

• Total voters
I should be upset because my side is losing, but instead, I'm laughing at all the anti-Portuguese salt.

Honestly, Portugal deserve to win this game. Wales have been shit tonight. They really have felt the absence of Ramsey.

Still hope Portugal get thrashed on Sunday though.

Justice? How exactly?
Italy have been playing an extremely attractive and open football under Conte. They completely deserved to be in the final and had they been in the other half of the scheme, where Portugal are, they would have done it. The fact that you dislike Italy doesn't mean their leaving the tournament is "justice." It's just your personal dislike.

The fact that you like Italy doesn't mean that they "deserved" to be in finals. But to elaborate "justice" - I've seen waaaay to many matches from Italy where they've won or pass the group with minimal attacking effort, last second goals, penalties in ET and wining 1-0 where that one goal was a penalty that it shouldn't have been. As I've said Italy probably had most difficult games of all teams that were in quarter-finals, and I partly respect them for that. But they've lost in penalties which I consider a completely different way of winning the game than regular time. It includes a lot of luck, and this time - they were out of it. Overall looking (past 2-3 decades) Italy have won and/or passed the group in much, much worse ways. Nothing much to do with this generation, but looking way back Italy played some terrible football and somehow made great results with it (alhought I did respect them 4 years ago when they were playing attacking football - that was some kind of different Italy).

If Italy was in the other side of the knock-out round, it doesn't mean they could've passed and "deserved" final. Any of those teams could've beat them (for example, Croatia has a good score against them in last 15 years). And it Euro - surprises are always possible!

Ahh, anyway... I don't want to make a storm in a teacup about something I don't like. There will probably be threads where we will completely agree. Except if you don't also root for AC Milan. Then we should invite some moderators here, it could get ugly.

Bah for Wales. Deserved win but I hope France/Germany destroys them in final. Also, seeing Portugal in final against stronger opponent, I bet my money that game is going into ET.

Hoping for a sequel to this in the final:

o-CRISTIANO-RONALDO-CRYING-facebook.jpg

I should be upset because my side is losing, but instead, I'm laughing at all the anti-Portuguese salt.

Why are you so defensive about this? People dislike a team. It happens all the time, everywhere.

The fact that you like Italy doesn't mean that they "deserved" to be in finals. But to elaborate "justice" - I've seen waaaay to many matches from Italy where they've won or pass the group with minimal attacking effort, last second goals, penalties in ET and wining 1-0 where that one goal was a penalty that it shouldn't have been. As I've said Italy probably had most difficult games of all teams that were in quarter-finals, and I partly respect them for that. But they've lost in penalties which I consider a completely different way of winning the game than regular time. It includes a lot of luck, and this time - they were out of it. Overall looking (past 2-3 decades) Italy have won and/or passed the group in much, much worse ways. Nothing much to do with this generation, but looking way back Italy played some terrible football and somehow made great results with it (alhought I did respect them 4 years ago when they were playing attacking football - that was some kind of different Italy).

If Italy was in the other side of the knock-out round, it doesn't mean they could've passed and "deserved" final. Any of those teams could've beat them (for example, Croatia has a good score against them in last 15 years). And it Euro - surprises are always possible!

Ahh, anyway... I don't want to make a storm in a teacup about something I don't like. There will probably be threads where we will completely agree. Except if you don't also root for AC Milan. Then we should invite some moderators here, it could get ugly.

Bah for Wales. Deserved win but I hope France/Germany destroys them in final. Also, seeing Portugal in final against stronger opponent, I bet my money that game is going into ET.

I'm a Juve fan and proud of it.
But no, historical background and tactics from 20 years ago don't do any justice to the team going out of the tournament today. It's that simple.

Why are you so defensive about this? People dislike a team. It happens all the time, everywhere.

Especially when the team belongs to world top 10 by market value and plays uglier football than Greece 2004.

P.S. Forza Napoli, juve merda

If Italy reached the finals, it would be fair, of course. Italy doesn't have great individual talent, sure. but football isn't about individual talent anymore. It's about tactic, and Italy played a lot of great tactical matches. I seriously doubt that either France or Portugal will handle to Grmany the amount of trouble that Italy had. Germany only had chances at the first and last 10 minutes of regular time, and that wasn't because of the catenaccio, it was because of a great tactical match. Also, that's why the Great Belgian Generation doesn't go anywhere, and will not go anywhere in the future too. Actually, i hope that, with Tite, Brazil actually achieve the tactical level of Italy.

Well, Italy have had some very gifted players over the years as well, but their style of play has usually been a pretty cynical one. And out of the big nations in world football, Italy have most often been the one to choose to play "ugly". But in this tournament (and in the 2014 World Cup) Italy have been quite positive.

I agree on Italy vs Germany being an entertaining match. The lack of chances in that game wasn't due to poor passing or neither team wanting to attack, it was due to excellent defending. Both teams were constantly looking for a good attacking pass whenever they had the ball, but the team who didn't have it were good at closing the spaces before decisive passes could be made. Personally I enjoy such games. Good defending is enjoyable. Teams just passing the ball around at a slow tempo because they don't want to risk anything, and using every opportunity to slow down the game, that's boring.

It is incredible how useless Giroud is at anything except headers. I bet Didier Deschamps never hear about a certain Alexandre Lacazette.

I was just typing that one goal is going to come in next 20 minutes and it going to end 1-1 or 0-2 when Griezzman scored. At least we're goint to see some frantic German attacks 'till the end.

Back