UEFA EURO 2016

Which country will you root for?

• Total voters
Alright.

But I'm still for Portugal. I'm an underdog man, I guess. Would be great if they can pull it off without Ronaldo. Individually, there's enough skill left. But how's the team spirit? Perhaps more motivation even, now. If they loose, it always was "the without Ronaldo"-match.

Ronaldo's moth trended on Twitter for just about long enough to spawn 100's of new accounts for that very moth.
CnBxkQVXgAAesuQ.jpg

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha

What a match. What a coach. Magnificent substitute. An attacker for a midfielder. Who'd have thought of that.

Portugal did EXACTLY what was done to them 12 years ago by Greece. They defended their way through success, and beat the hosts in the Final to become an unexpected champion. -Exact same score, too-

At this point, you just have to respect them. Congratulations Portugal!

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha

What a match. What a coach. Magnificent substitute. An attacker for a midfielder. Who'd have thought of that.

It was a good substitution but putting in a striker when you don't have one on the field isn't exactly rocket science. Any half decent coach would think of that. (Deschamps did the exact same thing in this exact same match in fact, brought in Martial in place of Sissoko)

Gignac's missed chance at 90+2 will haunt him for the rest of his life. -Probably older guys like Evra and Sagna, too-

Portugal's luck was huge in this tournament - even in this match alone. But fine, good for them, congrats.

Overall it was an entertaining tournament. It turned meh towards the end when all the impressive underdogs were eliminated. Of course it will be remembered with pride by me and my countrymen because of Poland's success and (hopefully) start of a much better age for our team.

I thought the tournament was very underwhelming. Not as bad as Euro 2012, which remains as the worst major international tournament I ever watched live, but pretty bad nonetheless.

At least we got an amazing World Cup in between.

I must say I'm really surprised by the outcome, considering how badly Portugal played in the group stage. A little sore too, as I cheered for France thoughout the tournament... but congratulations to Portugal!

Just a tought or two on Euro that passed...

Definitely one of the boring tournaments that I've watch. Platini's "widening" of the tournament had some bright sides but more of them were dissapointing. Passing of some "smaller" teams that later (could) make some surprise was a plus but quantity doesn't equal quality. I don't remember seing one exceptional game in the group stage let alone knock-out round (just a few of them were interesting). To me it seemed like a lot of teams played safe in the group stage because a win and a draw would probably mean passing the stage.

First two rounds were very dissapointing and if somebody told me that FRA-POR would play the final and POR would win I wouldn't believe them. Portugal was clearly a team who came there to win, not play. Moreso, it seemed like a philosophy of a lot teams there - win, don't play. I think there were at least 5 or 6 games where after 20 minutes I could see them going into extra-time and that happened. While, to most people, Portugal was one of the worst things that happened in EURO, Iceland is one of the best with Spain and England being the worst dissapointments. Althought I somewhat agree with Portugal, I don't agree with Iceland - yes, their achievement was amazing but not so unexpected. They showed real quality on last qualifications for World Cup and with a bit of luck could've been there. IMO Wales had a better achievement due to circumstanes (tougher group, "bigger" competitors in KO, made to semifinal). My biggest dissapointment was Austria - they fell without bullet fired.

Non-fotball things surrounding EURO were not so peachy also - city in riots, Paris in strike, rampage on the stands were common and the whole organization was terrible. Instead on focusing on the said problems they debated who should and who shouldn't have a moment on silence before the game, and whose kids can or can't celebrate with their fathers. WTF UEFA?! Another thing that dissapoints me is that next EURO is going to be hosted by several cities which IMO is going to dilute already diluted championship.

Back