Transylvania

How good is Transylvania on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Catchily energetic instrumental with excellent fast-paced section.
Highlight: I love the final solo / bass interaction
Lowlight: I would prefer a clean ending.
7/10

My least favorite instrumental from the band, but that doesn't mean it's a bad song. I like the tempo changes, the opening, it's overall a fun track. Highlights why Maiden instrumentals are so good - it's their 'worst' yet still rocks. 8/10

Really strong offering from Steve. A highlight on the debut (and, may I say, on the band's overall discography). Solid instrumental, and the best of the four Maiden have done. Has enough variation to keep the listener interested. I especially like when the intro is suddenly reprised in the middle section, totally unexpected moment on first hearings and a great one for that matter. 8.

OK intro settles into a repetitive groove with an OK but repetitive lead break. A couple of cycles of this, and then we get a decent solo section, more excessive repetition, and a decent extended solo. More of the repetition, and then we wind down.

Nothing bad here, but nothing memorable either. 5/10.

Transylvania is the instrumental I come back the least to, but it's always enjoyable when it comes on. 7/10.

A merely average instrumental. It serves its purpose, but the other few still to come are better in every way. 5

Reactions: Jer
Amazing instrumental, one of my all time favorites. Those twin-lead guitar harmonies are a real pleasure. Sometimes I wonder what would have been if the song had a lyrics - probably it would have been even better, but as an instrumental is perfect. For me this is the best instrumental by any heavy metal/rock band, soooo 10/10.

Side 2 opens with a great instrumental. It starts with a groovy pace and works its way up to a corker. Just a fun experience all-round. Iced Earth’s beefier cover is better though. 8/10

My least favorite instrumental from the band, but that doesn't mean it's a bad song. I like the tempo changes, the opening, it's overall a fun track. Highlights why Maiden instrumentals are so good - it's their 'worst' yet still rocks. 8/10
Transylvania is the instrumental I come back the least to, but it's always enjoyable when it comes on. 7/10.
A merely average instrumental. It serves its purpose, but the other few still to come are better in every way. 5
Side 2 opens with a great instrumental. It starts with a groovy pace and works its way up to a corker. Just a fun experience all-round. Iced Earth’s beefier cover is better though. 8/10
:DI guess next time you´ll rate it a 7 again.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
Back