1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transylvania

Discussion in 'Iron Maiden' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Transylvania on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

6.0%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

30.0%
  4. 7

32.0%
  5. 6

6.0%
  6. 5

6.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jupz

Jupz Ancient Mariner

9/10, my fave Maiden instrumental :)

2. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

@Jupz: I hope you don't mind me to say this, but it's incredibly difficult for me to know when you have done a full album. You give rankings in a totally random order, for quite a while already. One or two songs per week, and never in the same album. What I want to ask you is the following: As soon as you think you have done a whole album, and you think I have missed this: please tell me?

Thanks in advance!  :ok:

3. wizard

wizard Invader

The best Maiden instrumental, has fantastic ideas. 10/10

4. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Great Instrumental

5. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

9- Good instrumental, it's always painted a vivid picture in my head of Transylvania which I guess is the point.  I really like the slow down near the end as it fades into Strange World. 

6. Murder89

Murder89 Officer Friendly

Great instrumental.Nice flowing riffs in the first part, great solos on the second. 9/10

7. Tron

Tron Trooper

9/10  the best instrumental theyve done by far and really atmospheric, steves best idea  :)
                still cant reach 10 in my eyes because of how many songs pummel it  :ninja:

8. czgibson

czgibson Invader

9/10

I get the feeling Steve Harris was really pleased when he came up with this one. Lots of Maiden's signature instrumental sounds are laid out here.

9. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

9/10. I love this instrumental.

10. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

Fantastic instrumental piece, flows exceptionally well, and the atmosphere is superb. Rivaled only by Ghengis Khan for Maiden's best instrumental. 9/10

11. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

7/10. Its ok, but somehow Maiden's instrumentals have never impressed me all that much.

12. Check the Declination!

Check the Declination! Working on my PHD in Maiden

I love, love, love this song. I have almost wrecked my car a few times while listening! I was listening to it today while waiting in line to go through a bank drive through and got some sideways looks from some geriatric pedestrians!

13. I normally turn my music down a few decibels when at stoplights and such, as not to be that douche that is forcing his music upon pedestrians. For some reason I feel Maiden doesn't fall into that category. Ask the people that got blasted with Caught Somewhere In Time at the coffee shop today.

14. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

7. A good instrumental.

15. Eric Wright

Eric Wright Nomad

10/10

The absolute best Maiden instrumental tied with Losfer Words. Unforgettable and melodic riffs, awesome bass licks (3:07 in particular), the time change after the first theme is awesome, and Clive's epic fills that follow kick ass. I love the fade out which flows seamlessly into Strange World.

Is it just me, or does Clive's cymbal tremolo at the end sound a lot like a flock of bats fluttering (hence Transylvania/Dracula)? Or do I have an overactive imagination? XD

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  16. AndrewLaeddis

AndrewLaeddis Prowler

Amazing track, possibly the best on the debut. Amazing riffs, amazing solos, not a second wasted all throughout. An anthem without words. 10/10

17. I still haven't woken up. Such good guitar work. I also love instrumental metal songs and I never understand why some people don't like them. I feel that every good album needs one. Shh don't tell me that NOTB doesn't have one.

10/10

18. Eddieson

Eddieson Nomad

A good instrumental with good riffs and melodies, but not that interesting. Becomes a little flat, but still good!

6/10

19. TheSpectreWithin

TheSpectreWithin Pirate of the Undergorund

This instrumental has an excellent groove, being in 12/8. The guitar riffs and melodies are awesome, but it's Clive and Steve who really drive this track.
    It features some awesome fills, and one of my favorite bass lines. 8/10

20. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Always a song that gets the blood pumping. Maiden's best instrumental, 9/10.