Transylvania

How good is Transylvania on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
@Jupz: I hope you don't mind me to say this, but it's incredibly difficult for me to know when you have done a full album. You give rankings in a totally random order, for quite a while already. One or two songs per week, and never in the same album. What I want to ask you is the following: As soon as you think you have done a whole album, and you think I have missed this: please tell me?

Thanks in advance!  :ok:

9- Good instrumental, it's always painted a vivid picture in my head of Transylvania which I guess is the point.  I really like the slow down near the end as it fades into Strange World. 

9/10  the best instrumental theyve done by far and really atmospheric, steves best idea  :)
            still cant reach 10 in my eyes because of how many songs pummel it  :ninja:

9/10

I get the feeling Steve Harris was really pleased when he came up with this one. Lots of Maiden's signature instrumental sounds are laid out here.

Fantastic instrumental piece, flows exceptionally well, and the atmosphere is superb. Rivaled only by Ghengis Khan for Maiden's best instrumental. 9/10

7/10. Its ok, but somehow Maiden's instrumentals have never impressed me all that much.

I love, love, love this song. I have almost wrecked my car a few times while listening! I was listening to it today while waiting in line to go through a bank drive through and got some sideways looks from some geriatric pedestrians!

I love, love, love this song. I have almost wrecked my car a few times while listening! I was listening to it today while waiting in line to go through a bank drive through and got some sideways looks from some geriatric pedestrians!

I normally turn my music down a few decibels when at stoplights and such, as not to be that douche that is forcing his music upon pedestrians. For some reason I feel Maiden doesn't fall into that category. Ask the people that got blasted with Caught Somewhere In Time at the coffee shop today.

10/10

The absolute best Maiden instrumental tied with Losfer Words. Unforgettable and melodic riffs, awesome bass licks (3:07 in particular), the time change after the first theme is awesome, and Clive's epic fills that follow kick ass. I love the fade out which flows seamlessly into Strange World.

Is it just me, or does Clive's cymbal tremolo at the end sound a lot like a flock of bats fluttering (hence Transylvania/Dracula)? Or do I have an overactive imagination? XD

Last edited:
Amazing track, possibly the best on the debut. Amazing riffs, amazing solos, not a second wasted all throughout. An anthem without words. 10/10

I still haven't woken up. Such good guitar work. I also love instrumental metal songs and I never understand why some people don't like them. I feel that every good album needs one. Shh don't tell me that NOTB doesn't have one.

10/10

A good instrumental with good riffs and melodies, but not that interesting. Becomes a little flat, but still good!

6/10

This instrumental has an excellent groove, being in 12/8. The guitar riffs and melodies are awesome, but it's Clive and Steve who really drive this track.
It features some awesome fills, and one of my favorite bass lines. 8/10

Back