Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fuck this shit! My day was going so well too. I just fixed the toilet, took some stuff to the dump, and did a bit of hoovering. I really felt like today had been a big success. And then, BOOM! Why? Just why, Foro?

This is plodding stuck-together technical-exercise vs. emotional beautiful soulful wailing awesomeness.

What tugs your heartstrings, forum? What has feeling and climactic lovelessness? Your vote has to go with Breeg. Do the right thing! Don't fret over AtG & H, they'll be fine without your vote; they're both still awesome. But Breeg is more awesome. You must vote for it...

Plus, if you don't you're an ass. A total ass. Knicks, Srogyy, you're both already asses.

Last edited:
What tugs your heartstrings, forum? What has feeling and climactic lovelessness? Your vote has to go with Breeg. Do the right thing! Don't fret over AtG & H, they'll be fine without your vote; they're both still awesome. But Breeg is more awesome. You must vote for it...

Plus, if you don't you're an ass. A total ass. Knicks, Srogyy, you're both already asses.

ATG's solo is a study in multiple phrasing attacks centered around a pretty tricky rhythm. It manages to be experimental and interesting while still delivering catchy licks.

Sorry, but I don't hear the "climactic lovelessness" you mention in the Breeg solo. If anything it sounds too upbeat, too many typical legato tricks to have the tugging-on-the-heartstrings moment you're talking about. It is a very good Dave solo, but it sounds like a typical Dave solo.

I just fixed the toilet, took some stuff to the dump

I read that completely wrong.

Last edited:
Back