Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The seven.
Alex is surely superior.
I love Breeg so much, but it can't win against AtG.
Adrian the Great of course
Alexander. The. Motherfu*ker.
Yes it is. But you are not supposed to worry about who is soloing, just listen and decide. Right Forostar?! Lol
Breegbanes. Davebanes. Fanboys. And Ariana.

This has to be the hardest matchup yet for me. I love both of these solos so much. I remember the first time I heard the Breeg solo. I was DAMN DAVEY! And the solo fits the song so well and is full of emotion to me. At the same time, H's ATG solo is so epic...... but I prefer Dave's ATG solo to Adrian's so I'm going with Breeg here.

I asked this after I already voted :p
I'm assuming you voted for Breeg, yes?
Now I know why Cried is furious -> Dave is losing again :p
I'm not furious. And I'm not particularly fussed about Davey losing. I just happen to think Breeg is one of the best solos in Maiden's discography. For the record H's AtG is certainly in my top 16 solos; but it wouldn't make it through to the best 8 (& so-on). I like it, but after learning how to play it a few years back I'm now less impressed with it. It can't disguise the fact that it's essentially a constructed series of well-crafted units. And for me, it doesn't have anything like the spontaneity, flow, or feel of Dave's Breeg solo. It's all about mood, atmosphere & feeling here, for me. AtG has some of this (& other admirable qualities), but Breeg has far more of it. I also have far more admiration for an improvised lead than a cleverly crafted one, in general. H's, here, is just too (in comparison) lifeless. I dig it. It's definitely in my Adrian top five solos. But he has better; and Breeg is better. In my opinion, of course.
Much as I hate voting the same way as Cried: Breeg.
You gotto love a bit of Brigs & Breegs! :ok:

Cried, you do know you can see the voters for each option in the poll? :P Just click on "7 vote(s)", for example.

Back