Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, thank you Foro for getting this game resumed in a very speedy manner.
But we can complain about the next matches. It's going to be more and more brutal....!
That couldn't be more true than it is right now.

I've said before that I'm a sucker for the slow, melodic solos, and Dave's 22AA solo is a perfect example. On the other hand, Adrian's Wasted Years is an absolute classic.

Both solos are incredible. This is one of my absolute favorite Murray solos, vs one of Smith's best.
In the end, I'm going with Acacia.

100% Wasted Years.

I wouldnt go as far as to say the songs on SIT are inferior, much less "far inferior"!! Thats a stretch, and its making you sound like a bratty SSOASS fanboy lol..... SSOASS is just a different, more grandiose album. Its like night and day in its structure, sonic and lyrical style compared to SiT and the subject matter makes it sound more intelligent. I love the album, its my 3rd fave behind SIT and Killers.

I am a SSOASS fan boy! I said "overall" SSOASS is better written than SiT, and I stand by it. SSOASS does not have a weak track, SiT has 2.

Love the feel on 22, but it is rather repetitive.
Wasted Years shreds but keeps its sense of melody. Gets my vote

Acacia. I find WY has an impressive stylised sound, but doesn't have the absolute dazzle factor of its album neighbour, CSIT. Acacia is intensely good to listen to, and as well as standing alone well, serves a very effective purpose in the song.

Been gone from this for a while, and I can't promise I'll be able to keep up, but I still care and I'm a bit sad to see some favourites getting eliminated... Here goes my vote on this:

Wasted Years.

Always been a favourite. The part that continues over the chorus, for me, sets it apart. It's a common thing for bands relying on a virtuoso guitarplayer, but Maiden has always been very strict on who gets to shine where... probably for good reasons, but anyway - a great solo. A shame that part is rarely reproduced exactly live.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 3, 1st battle: Dave Murray's 22 Acacia Avenue solo (012) is eliminated. 039 advances to the 4th round.

Round 3: 2nd battle:

Back