Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alexander the Great is 1b to Powerslave's 1a in Dave's solo catalogue.

Edit: Looks like the round was already over, not that it matters.
I respect your opinion but I prefer his ATG solo with Powerslave right behind. They really are two completely different types of solos. I just think that the guitar work from Dave and H on SIT is unequaled. I listen to the entirety of the album on a weekly basis. Not kidding. Of course I know the Powerslave solo will probably beat out the ATG solo.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 2, 30th battle: Adrian Smith's Still Life solo (023) is eliminated. 104 advances to the 3rd round.

Round 2: 31st battle:

Daves BNW solo is just average meh compared to Adrians classic and technical Duelists solo. I have always loved those two pull-offs you hear at :41. This solo is probably my fifth favorite Adrian solo.

I dont understand your question Forostar. Please elaborate
We're nearing the end of Round 2. Round 1 was the stage where we had 4 solos to pick from each time, round 2 begin when we started having two solos battle head-to-head. He's asking if we can name the last two solos that have advanced from round 1, but haven't yet appeared in round 2. I personally cannot.

Forostar, the script/format changed? Is that why you started a new thread?
Everything should still be the same as far as I know. It is pretty common that a new thread is started each time, but it will eventually be merged with the main thread.

Both are great. BNW sounds more iconic, but maybe that's because of the song... I'm picking TD - lots of different stuff going on there.

Back