Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 3, 8th battle: Dave Murray's Adrian Smith's Prodigal Son solo (007) is eliminated. 045 advances to the 4th round.

Round 3: 9th battle:

Rainmaker for me as well. Although Killers is a very cool solo and fits the aggressive nature of that song very well, I think the Rainmaker solo is more awesome when I try to "unhear" the context of both soli.

Killers is cool, but Rainmaker is very special. Every time I listen to Dave's Rainmaker lead I find it so uplifting; it's those bends I think. It reminds me a little of his Judas solo, which, for whatever reason, exited the competition a while back. Just so Murray. There's nothing incredible about what he's actually playing; but when I listen to other music & I really don't hear anyone else playing solos like this. It's a bit of shame none of these are played (or were every played) live any more.

EDIT: Foro has politely reminded me that Dave's Judas solos are both very much alive in the competition.

Last edited:
Rainmaker.

There's nothing incredible about what he's actually playing; but when I listen to other music & I really don't hear anyone else playing solos like this.

If the last quarter wasn't so nice, I doubt if I would find this Rainmaker solo that awesome.

Yes and yes. It's not an outstanding solo up front, but it ends wonderfully. It fits the section so well and it's Murray's style nestled nicely into 20 seconds. The solo itself is nothing special to play, but it sounds special.

Rainmaker. The only exciting part of the Killers solo follows the backing riff's pattern. Prodigal Son from last round is better than both of these.

Back