Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 3, 7th battle: Dave Murray's Rime of the Ancient Mariner solo (036) is eliminated. 043 advances to the 4th round.

Round 3: 8th battle:

Both very good solos, but I find Prodigal Son's to be both more pleasing and innovative. It's bluesy, but also pushes Murray's sound a little bit more than ATG, which tends to stay in the same range. That triumphant part towards the end of Alex is hard to vote against, though.

That's much harder than I initially thought... I usually go with the more inventive/distinctive solo and, although it's hard to vote against AtG, it's actually Prodigal Son this time. It's one of the discoveries of this game for me, because I tend to overlook some stuff from my least favourite albums (I'm sure that's true to most of us).

^ Someone with some fucking sense! :applause:

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this is even close. I mean, it's certainly the best solo in this song; but I don't even know if it's the best solo on this album. Better than Dave's AtG solo though? No. Where was I when they were handing out the crazy pills? Ariana, did you see them handing out crazy pills? Maybe Foro was handing them out...

Come on forum knock this on the fucking head. The idea that Breeg and Dave's AtG should be exiting the competition at this stage is total nonsense.

Last edited:
Crazy pills indeed. I love Adrians PS solo but ATG is epic. Its my favorite Dave solo ever, its the better of the two ATG solos and its better than PS in IMO.

Prodigal Son ==> What a feel, masterful build-up and end. Less notes than its opponent but more memorable.

Last edited:
Crazy pills indeed. I love Adrians PS solo but ATG is epic. Its my favorite Dave solo ever, its the better of the two ATG solos and its better than PS in IMO.

..............Nevermind. I'm definitely nearing drubl, folks. I thought you were debating the ATG solo...

...well, I guess my vote goes to Adrian Smith. Which is not a shock. Except I felt so good about voting for Dave this round...

It's bluesy, but also pushes Murray's sound a little bit more than ATG, which tends to stay in the same range.
Its Adrian not Dave
It's 100% Dave.
Prodigal Son ==> Adrian awesomeness.
This is so confusing! Do I listen to the drunk, the guy with fn in his name (which I've always assumed stands for "FUN"; because Adrian fun obviously rules), or the guy who was handing out, and taking, the crazy pills?

This is so confusing! Do I listen to the drunk, the guy with fn in his name (which I've always assumed stands for "FUN"; because Adrian fun obviously rules), or the guy who was handing out, and taking, the crazy pills?
No!...... Lol. f= "Eff" and n = "en" = 'effen =fucking

I didnt think I would have been allowed to have Adrian fucking Rules as my member name so I did a play on words.

Back