Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, you know, I've been thinking about doing the same for years! Also today even. I still can't believe no one has ever done it. Long Lost Wisdom feels like Fool for the Gods part II.
I found these recordings back in 2011 when I was searching for their studio album and I have since seen your old posts about those tracks. I hoped that he would use more of this stuff with Maiden, like the way that"'Till the Kill" became "The Mercenary". Another song was named "Nowhere to Run" just like the chorus in Mercenary...and one of the riffs in "The Way I Want You to See" was used in "Man on the Edge". There is nothing wrong with using stuff that was not released officially in my opinion, I don't think the tape was spread to that many people either.

And btw, I went with Fear.

Last edited:
Disappointing result.
Fear is good, but Wind touches more feels.
Composed like most of H's, but with great emotion.

FotD. Adrian's WtWWB is nice, but I've always considered it a bit lazy. We've buried a number of better solos already.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 3, 5th battle: Adrian Smith's When the Wild Wind Blows solo (126) is eliminated. 066 advances to the 4th round.

Round 3: 6th battle:

Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time are probably my favourite Maiden albums when it comes to guitar solos, and these two are worthy representatives of their respective albums. The Trooper solo just plain rocks, but the Sea of Madness solo has that little extra to it that is hard to describe, so it gets my vote.

TT is very solid, but SoM has some of this progressive, 'storytelling' quality that I appreciate the most in solos. It gets my vote.

Sea of Madness, although I think the first part it's not necessarily part of the solo, like the part right before Wicker's Man solo.

Back