TNOTB/BOH triple vinyl: Will you buy it or not?

TNOTB/BOH triple vinyl: Will you buy it or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters
Thats great! And exactly. Its always possible to save some money or spend money more wisely. I dont go out as much and it saves me alot. Go out for drinks in Sweden is expensive as hell. And gas, Jesus Christ. I walk or bike, its great.
If we talk music, I dont collect alot and dont buy alot. But when Maiden releases something it feels important to support it for me, even though I do think its overpriced. Feels worth it
Exactly this.
I don't have CDs anymore these days, but at least all the Maiden and their solo members stuff I do have. Some of those CDs look really evil cause I have them since the day they came out, like NPFTD in 1990. Most vinyls look even worse since I bought them as a 10 year old back in the mid 1980s. Last year I bought their entire catalogue again in their remasterd CD versions plus everything on vinyl because I just wanna have them. I don't play them a lot. Some people also would say it's ridiculous to have 37 Maiden shirts. But if we have a serious power breakdown anyday I am the one who will be well prepared: So I have each day a fresh Maiden shirt on stock for more than a month. :cool:

Last edited:
I’ve been collecting vinyl in earnest for about 7 years now, and have quite a Maiden collection so far, aside from some rarer items that I haven’t tracked down just yet. I also have a record player and I actually listen to records all day while I work from home. The process of opening an album, putting it on, seeing the liner notes and larger artwork, it’s a ritual. Just pushing play on Spotify doesn’t have the same effect. I’m not connected to the music in the same way.

Additionally, and this is not meant to be a boastful post, but I just landed a promotion at work that I’ve been working towards for a couple of years. So the price isn’t a huge hurdle either.

So for me, while I completely respect those who’d choose not to buy something like this, this is still Maiden. They’ve been with me since I was 8 years old. And one day, not long from now, they’re gonna call it a day. So I do everything I can to remain connected to their music, which includes collecting/listening to albums, going to shows, taking my son to shows, and discussing the band on forums like this one. So hell yea I’m gonna buy it. Im the fan this release was meant for.

No I wont.

1. it’s expensive. These days I have way more important things to use my money on.
2. I don’t buy/use vinyl.
3. I have both albums on CD and Spotify.

But it’s great for those who love vinyl records.

I am interested in having Steve’s liner notes. And don’t own much Maiden stuff (only 2 T-shirts). Too bad I didn’t buy when the prices were more reasonable.

I really don't understand what might be going in Maiden's (or their management or both) minds...I mean you just have to have a quick look around and when a band is about to celebrate a birthday of one of their most well-known albums they always do something special, some go for the big big thing with remastered songs, remix to go with all the different kind of audio systems there might be, dvd's or blu-ray with what might be available as videos or then high resolution audio. Then they add a 80-100 page book with all kinds of stuff, from new interviews, old ones, old articles, analysis of the songs, thoughts about the recording, the tour, new photos etc. Along with that might come also some memorabilia.
Of course some of these come with a cost that maybe not everybody might afford but at least it add something new to what is already available and known to everyone. In here what's new...ah ok Beast over Hammersmith in vinyl..and that's about it...ooops I forgot the "NEW" tracklisting that takes one song away. Ok, we all know Gangland isn't probably in nobody's Maiden top 10 or 20 but what's the point really????

I've been collecting Maiden stuff for almost 30 years and i'm always to buy everything that is released but with stuff like this, it might be one of the very first times that I'm not tempted at all because it's like they don't care at all with what they're doing, it's just "oh why bother, people will buy it"...anyway, I'm gonna go back to my Rush's Moving Pictures 40th anniversary boxset...because that's how you celebrate one of your most well-known albums!!!!

I don't buy vinyls at all, as I don't have a turntable. Even if I had, I wouldn't buy for that price.

I think it's dumb that they removed Gangland, just add Total Eclipse...
What’s neat/weird is I have the 2015 remastered vinyl, and the ‘98 CD remaster. So once I get this, I’ll have a version with just Gangland, a version with just Eclipse, and a version with both. I think it’s silly to remove Gangland, but as a novelty item it’s fine. At the very least, Total Eclipse is a stronger song.

I really don't understand what might be going in Maiden's (or their management or both) minds...I mean you just have to have a quick look around and when a band is about to celebrate a birthday of one of their most well-known albums they always do something special, some go for the big big thing with remastered songs, remix to go with all the different kind of audio systems there might be, dvd's or blu-ray with what might be available as videos or then high resolution audio. Then they add a 80-100 page book with all kinds of stuff, from new interviews, old ones, old articles, analysis of the songs, thoughts about the recording, the tour, new photos etc. Along with that might come also some memorabilia.
Of course some of these come with a cost that maybe not everybody might afford but at least it add something new to what is already available and known to everyone. In here what's new...ah ok Beast over Hammersmith in vinyl..and that's about it...ooops I forgot the "NEW" tracklisting that takes one song away. Ok, we all know Gangland isn't probably in nobody's Maiden top 10 or 20 but what's the point really????

I've been collecting Maiden stuff for almost 30 years and i'm always to buy everything that is released but with stuff like this, it might be one of the very first times that I'm not tempted at all because it's like they don't care at all with what they're doing, it's just "oh why bother, people will buy it"...anyway, I'm gonna go back to my Rush's Moving Pictures 40th anniversary boxset...because that's how you celebrate one of your most well-known albums!!!!
I think also the timing is a bit strange. Of course you can't generally choose anniversary dates, but I myself will have to make a choice now between either this vinyl or a Maiden ticket for the Future Past Tour cause of the presales start soon. If they would have come up with the new tour thing one month later or so, then I'll probably would have gone for both, but in this case the decision is an easy one. And even if I would have a 100 Euro on spare after buying a ticket for 2023, I'd go for another ticket to see as many of their shows next year as possible.

Why do I suddenly have so many unexpected expenses? I broke my front door key in half, some drunk who sometimes stumbles through my street at night destroyed my doorbell, my in-ear monitor is broken (although the manufacturer seems to want to replace it for free) and my TV is broken.

Went to pre-order this album this morning from Amazon (I'm stateside) and currently the pre-order is 17% off and I snagged it for $49.99. For those wishing it was a bit cheaper, maybe take a look and see. It just might be!

I will. I wanna support the band, and I love box sets. I’ve eaten up the Metallica ones. Of course, I get WAY more material with the Metallica ones, but this one’s still cool.

Back