Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 29/12/06)

Sounds great, the new mic is definitely doing its job, much clearer and nicer sounding. Backing vocals are used softly and not too much, which really adds to the song, as opposed to too much which sometimes overpowers the songs. Well done :D

Agree 100% with Hunlord. The new mic really makes a difference, and I love the soft vocals. Excellent job  :ok:

Yes, I pared back the backing vocals on this one as the song doesn't really call for many, and it seems to have worked well. Glad you like it! :)

This track - Wasting Love - I have to admit I thought was only OK at first. I watched the vid and my estimation of it went up. Now, I rate it as one of the best "power ballads" they have done.

As for your go, bloody good job again Thingfish. These type of Maiden songs lend themselves so well to full blown acoustic. Keep it up. :ok:

It's an honour to have you say that, Albie, my thanks once again!

Back with the first new track of 2007 and the first since I recently acquired a wonderful acoustic bass guitar, and what better track to showcase my new instrument but the only Maiden song where Steve gets to do a bass solo (of sorts!)?

'Blood On The World's Hands'!

:yey:

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/01/07)

Aha, this bass intro should be very interesting. :D

Fantastic.  One of my favourite Blaze-era songs, and your rendition works wonders.  The bass intro is wonderful, and the main guitars are very rich and warm.  Also, you nail the vocal style right on the head, as you sound sufficiently pissed-off enough to do Blaze and 'Arry proud! :D

A really great job on the acoustic bass (it sounds really good), and a nice intro. I do like the eerie background noise in the intro. :ok:

Hehe, thanks, albie, I like doing those kinds of sounds :)

I am very impressed !

I also like all the background stuff in the beginning and the high fast picking when the instrumental secton starts.
:)

Will you use this bass now in all upcoming recordings?

Thankyou very much, Forostar! By the high fast picking I assume you mean the bit that is played on the keyboard in the original. I tend to do fast alternate picking to represent that type of sound and it seemed to work quite well here.

Yes, I'll be using the bass on all future recordings!

Thought I'd take on an all-time classic that's never been played live, and should have returned in the Early Days tour, if only in Scandinavia...of course, it's...

'Invaders'!!!

:bigsmile:

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 16/01/07)

Love the backing vocals. :D

Nice guitar work in the middle, good job. :ok:

Albie said:
Love the backing vocals. :D

Nice guitar work in the middle, good job. :ok:

I agree.  There is also quite a bit of a punch on those strings at the beginning and at the end of the song.  I like it much better than the last one -- 'Blood On The World's Hands', which I did not like.  Sorry.  :(

Oh well, can't win them all, Genghis. I hope it's down to your general dislike of the original BOTWH rather than my version...

Btw, I noticed whilst recording it that the melody line of the instruments in the chorus is practically the same as the opening verse melody from the theme song of the timeless Anime classic series 'Dogtanian & The Three Muskahounds'!  If any of you used to watch that series, go back and listen to the music and then the Invaders chorus!

*sighs* We're still waiting for this topic to get pinned Perun and all you other Mods'!

Hey, great job with Invaders. A fine job with a good song (well, not good according to Harris. He don't like Invaders. He sees it more like a fill in) Nice backgroundvocals as usual, as well as the solo.

Have a Yaxian Gold Medal, first class.  :bigsmile:

Back