Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 10/12/06)

I have to say that when I listened to it I never noticed that melody.  On second listen now, it's quite good.  I think the song is excellent overall with a cheesy chorus and nice solos.  Keep up the good work Thingsishy!
cheese.jpg

I tried to make the chorus as cheesy as it could be without crossing the boundaries of good taste and I think I succeeded. Almost everyone loved it as it is with only one German guys who didn't think it was powerful enough, even for an acoustic song!  :uhm:

Everyone seems to have enjoyed the intro more, probably because of the Infinite Dreams add-in :D

Thingfish,

I heard immediately that Infinite Dreams was there, but I didn't understand it.
My first thoughts were:
"Was it a mistake?"  "Did he do it on purpose?" and "Why?".

I am not this fond of it, to be honest. I don't like to think of Infinite Dreams, while playing the Clansman.
I'll try to explain. When playing When Two Worlds Collide (the real Maiden track) I always have the feeling that I am listening to "That Girl" part 2. These are Maiden's weakest points in my opinion.: In some tracks they have  repeated themselves.

I never had this idea of the Clansman before, but now I am afraid I keep thinking about this Infinite Dreams comparison. As explained, this is not the most positive aspect for me while listening to Maiden.

Anyway, I wasn't fooled. Now I understand your motivations a bit better, but still I don't see why it's funny to add something of song A into B, only because parts resemble each other.

No offence, just tried to explain why I (only a listener) am not that fond of it.

Does matter, Forostar, as long as you like the rest of The Clansman :) :) You needn't be of the same opinion as everyone else.

Why would you be "afraid" of thinking of 'Infinite Dreams', though. That song can do nothing but enhance anything for me :)

I never said it was "funny" to add Infinite Dreams into this song, but rather that I thought of it and liked the idea. I've added numerous Maiden songs into other ones so far, not because the songs resembled one another, but because I noticed a particular sequence of notes that fit in well in other songs. It has nothing to do with an idea of Maiden being repetitive.

Forostar said:
I am not this fond of it, to be honest. I don't like to think of Infinite Dreams, while playing the Clansman.
No offence, just tried to explain why I (only a listener) am not that fond of it.
I have to admit, I quite like the odd (subtle sometimes) melody added to another track to enhance/accentuate the similarity/or whatever. But that is just my opinion.

And it is nice to see some constructive criticism from us folk. :)

I guess I like each track Thingfish does owing to the amount of work he puts in and with the resources to hand, he does a good job (which I know you fully appreciate also Forostar, so don't take that last bit the wrong way).

Thingfish said:
Does matter, Forostar, as long as you like the rest of The Clansman :) :) You needn't be of the same opinion as everyone else.

Why would you be "afraid" of thinking of 'Infinite Dreams', though. That song can do nothing but enhance anything for me :)

I never said it was "funny" to add Infinite Dreams into this song, but rather that I thought of it and liked the idea. I've added numerous Maiden songs into other ones so far, not because the songs resembled one another, but because I noticed a particular sequence of notes that fit in well in other songs. It has nothing to do with an idea of Maiden being repetitive.

Thanks for the reaction (also Albie!) and indeed I do like the rest of the Clansman. After a good night of sleep I am not taking this so "heavily" (sorry for my broken Dutch/English) anymore. Especially your last sentence is a positive point of view, for me !

Keep up the good work !

Thingfish said:
Almost everyone loved it as it is with only one German guys who didn't think it was powerful enough, even for an acoustic song!  :uhm:

Can't take serious criticism, eh? :p

Yes, I can take it, but that doesn't mean I need to agree  :D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/12/06)

Good work!  I managed to listen to it before it became clogged up with tons of users, for once!  :D  I like the fact that you also included the intro to 'Strange World' just like on the CD.  The best part is the fast part that begins at 1:45 and lasts pretty much the whole song, especially the really fast bits starting at 3:06.  Fast fingers, mate!  :ok:

Thanks, Genghis! This is indeed a tough one to play on the acoustic both in terms of stamina (i.e. playing the section you mentioned from 1:45 to nearly the end of the song) and accuracy with the right-hand in order to play the triplets that occur constantly through the whole piece. It's a heck of a lot easier on an electric, but where is the challenge in that? :D

I kept the intro to Strange World so that, when I've done the whole of the 'Iron Maiden' album, you'll be able to put all the songs in their original order and have them segue properly :) That's what I'm going to do! I've done it with 'Killers' already! :) :)

Good job again Thingfish. And as Ghenghis suggested, it does blend into Strange World nicely. :ok:

4 more to go and the entire DiAnno catalogue has been reworked by Thingfish. :D

Thanks, Albie. And that's me done all of Maiden's instrumentals now.

Just like Slinkster said earlier:
radiocheese.jpg

:ok:

Brilliant, Thingfish.  Both 'The Clansman' and 'Transylvania' benefit tremendously from your new mic, and both are absolutely fantastic.  Good job! :ok:

LOL Conor.  Where did you get that ridiculous Cheese-o-meter?

I can't wait for the whole Di'Anno years to be completed.  I also like more newer songs, but I realize you want to concentrate on the older songs first.  Keep up the good work, Thighfish!

Because there are so many more tracks in the Bruce era, it may seem like I'm especially concentrating on the Di'Anno one, but really I am spreading the songs out between all three singers :) I've done 36 Brucie ones, 17 Di'Anno and only 7 Blaze!

Conor : I thought the cheesiness was only for vocals? Or is it this time the lack of vocals? :D

---------------------------------------------------------

As we come to the last acoustic version of 2006, a year in which I've now recorded 62 Maiden tracks, I thought I'd leave you all until 2007 with a tender ballad...

'Wasting Love'!

:wub:

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 29/12/06)

62 down...umm...a lot to go! :bigsmile:

But what a way to see out 2006, with one of Maiden's best ballads.  The new microphone works wonderfully, and your playing is as precise as ever. :ok: :ok:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 29/12/06)

Thanks, Raven :) Yes, I don't think I'm even halfway yet, so there are plenty great songs to go!

Back