Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 26/11/06)

Good to see I maintained the cheese factor with the background vocals. I shall aim to keep the forthcoming tunes fromaged up to the max too.
This next one took a long time, but a song like this goes on forever anyway...

'Infinite Dreams' added!!!

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 03/12/06)

Very nice ! I like the vocal harmonies a lot in this one.

Funny thing is, that in 1993 (after seeing Midnight Oil playing an acoustic set on MTV) I had a dream about Maiden playing an acoustic set. When I woke up that morning, "Infinite Dreams" was the only song, still in my memory.

So in that sense, the dream reincarnated and became reality. ;)

Excellent job, yet again. The guitars are just superb, the dual harmony stuff really comes out well, the vocals are just brilliant and everything else just great! :D :okok:

Good job again Thingfish. Good vocal harmonies and great guitar work.

And 1,967 plays scobbled on last.fm (by all people - not just me). :D

Great cover, I really like the dual harmony thing with the voices, and the guitars are just fantastic, as always!  :ok:

Where would you end... In Heaven or in Cheese!!!

I love it :D

Interesting thought I had of this song a few days ago. Basically, I had dreamt a pretty horrendous dream whereby I was driving down a motorway at high speed when seconds (as in time taken to travel the distance) in from of me was a stationery car. I did all my best to avoid this car but, as the road was quite busy, few managed it and a hell of a lot ploughed into this car - one was sent careering into the air (as happens in the movies) and all I could say to myself was "there will be deaths".

I woke up from this quite startled and was sort of in a bit of a haze (half asleep/half awake) and I genuinely felt quite scared to go back to sleep:

"Scared to fall asleep again in case the dream begins again"

That was the first time I actually felt like that. Maybe I really need to lay of the cheddar. :huh:

Thanks again, everyone, good to hear my piece is thought-provoking as well as merely enjoyable :)
Ordered my new Samson USB microphone from http://www.musiconmypc.co.uk/ yesterday. Should hopefully be here soon and my tunes will get that extra added clarity and (hopefully) there will be a major reduction in hiss and noise spikes! :)

Listening again to Infinite Dreams and the "...in heaven or in hell" part is VERY nice !

Thanks, Forostar! I really like the way that harmony came out!

Finally, a chance to listen to 'Infinite Dreams'.

You've done well to translate one of my favourite Maiden songs into acoustics.  The voice is clear and crisp and so is the guitar playing.  :ok:

Thanks, Genghis!

With Maiden's arrival in my homeland of Scotland this coming week, there was only ever one song I could record to celebrate...

'The Clansman'!!!!

Hope you enjoy it! You may notice the increase in sound quality. I've just bought a Samson Q1U USB microphone which seems to have put an end to those nasty noise spikes forever! Hooray!!

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 10/12/06)

Downloading as we speak. :D

I'll give an opinion tonight. I will be interested to see how you do the "Freeeedoooom" with this new mic. :)
Seems I had a bit more time than I thought.

Good job on this one, I do like the bit at 8:25 as the tempo changes - nicely done. Good vocals and great guitar playing. I think I see what you mean about the vocals, but I have not listened to it on my headphones, rather through my speakers. :OK:

Thanks, albie :) The new mic has made a big difference as I can now sing pretty much unrestrainedly without needing to worry about it causing the vocals to spike. You can hear it all best on headphones, of course, so I hope you get the chance to listen to it on them this evening!

Excellent version, Thingfish. The new mic makes worlds of difference! The guitar work is perfect as usual, the vocals great. :D The clarity is exceptional, I'd say that was a worthy investment! Well done! :ok:

It was indeed, Hun, thanks :) It means I have to further raise the quality of my playing and singing as the mic makes any weaknesses even more apparent, but that's no bad thing :D

Awesome guitar playing!  :ok: The intro is incredible, and the sound quality is very good. :ok:

I wonder if so many people are saying the intro is great for the reason that I added the intro melody from Infinite Dreams in there? :)

Interesting...

Thingfish said:
I wonder if so many people are saying the intro is great for the reason that I added the intro melody from Infinite Dreams in there? :)
You're a crafty beggar sometimes. ;) I see what you mean about this intro - very good.

When I first heard the intro to Clansman, it sounded rather similar, so I've always thought that melody should go in there :)

Back