Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 29/10/06)

At the moment it looks like Putfile are having some problems and my page is only displaying as text with no links or pictures. I imagine it'll be sorted out by them a.s.a.p. Everyone's page is like that on there at the moment.

In the meantime, you can download the songs from http://www.notb.org/thingfish/
I've discovered that Putfile.com have (hopefully only) temporarily disabled the use of HTML code on their sites as they apparently had a number of spammers using redirect codes there. I've rejigged my page in BBCode and will leave it as it is for the moment until they get back to normal. You can at least click on all the links and see the pictures etc.

I'm also about halfway through the next track :)

Thingfish said:
I'm also about halfway through the next track
Looking forward to it. :)

Thingfish said:
I'm also about halfway through the next track :)

Since you have time to give us this message, I hope that means it's a long song.  Which means it's an epic.  Which means it's probably the Clansman. :D  Or Brighter Than A Thousand Suns.  Or For the Greater Good of God.  Or The Unbeliever.  Or Afraid To Shoot Strangers.  Or... :p

Raven said:
....  Or... :p
Or Conor's all time favourite - The Apparition

Albie said:
Or Conor's all time favourite - The Apparition
Nah, I've changed that now to New Fronteir :p

Please do Afraid to Shoot Strangers Thingfish :innocent:

Conor said:
Nah, I've changed that now to New Fronteir :p

Please do Afraid to Shoot Strangers Thingfish :innocent:

Subliminal messaging is just pussy-footing around the problem.  What you need is something like this:

PLEASE DO AFRAID TO SHOOT STRANGERS, THINGFISH, OR H WILL SMITE YOU!!!!!!!!111onehundredandeleven

I’m glad the website works again I haven’t been able to hear any of your covers since my computer got messed up. And since everyone’s throwing out requests I think that  Como Estais Amigos would sound awesome but what ever it is it will probably kick ass. :ok: 

Prisoner Of Maiden said:
I’m glad the website works again I haven’t been able to hear any of your covers since my computer got messed up. And since everyone’s throwing out requests I think that  Como Estais Amigos would sound awesome but what ever it is it will probably kick ass. :ok: 

Como Estais Amigos has already been covered :D

I'm sorry, but the fact it's taken a long time doesn't mean it is an epic, but rather that I've been busy! :(( It is a classic though!

Your other requests have been noted! :D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 15/11/06)

Just gave it a quick blast there, excellent stuff as usual! The guitars have a real depth to them. I'll go on more tomorrow, bed time now ;)

Cool, Hun :) Have a look out for the little pedantic details from the original song that I've recreated here. At 3:22, at the end of the first solo there is the sound of a glass clinking and at the very end of the song there is a metallic chirrupping sound after the final notes. I've added them in here too :D Hopefully that will get you going back to the original to hear those bits again!

Hehe, I have not noticed these two sounds earlier, thanks for hint :) Heh and yes, this got me back to the original version :) Well done.

Good job as usual, I love the "bass intro". :ok: But I was almost a little disappointed for a split second when I heard the cymbal at the very beginning - I almost thought you had introduced drums. "Noooooo" - I thought, but it was just that intro.

By the way, the MP3 site seems to be down for some reason, is this right?

Thanks, albie! I tried doing the cymbal sound with my voice but it didn't cut it, so I had to go for some stock samples :) I won't be introducing crap drums though, just stuff that I play on either my legs or some other surface!

I don't have control over the mp3 site as it's provided by a user on the Maiden Online Club, but it was down yesterday around the same time, then up again this afternoon, so I can only assume they are doing maintenance.
After finishing Killers I noticed that some albums had been somewhat neglected so far, so I decided to begin remedying that fact, and I've started with...

'Gates Of Tomorrow'!!

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 26/11/06)

Excellent stuff, as per usual. The many layered vocals are just superb, the guitars are deadly, great work! :ok:

Thingfish, I have noticed that we always seem to like your stuff - never really picking faults. This has so much to do with the fact that we know the effort you put into making these songs and really you are covering good songs in the first place. There is a certain charm to it that makes it a little bit special whilst still keeping true to the originals (in your own way).

This song is another example of good guitar work and the of overlaying of the many vocals at the beginning is really good. Bloody good job allround. :ok:

I like it.  The mandatory cheese is present and the solos were done well. 4 stars :ok:
*plays "Sun and Steel" again*

Back