Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/10/06)

Great to have you back listening, NA! Glad you like the new tunes too!

I've just started another new cover this afternoon and it'll be ready in the next day or two :)

Thingfish said:
Great to have you back listening, NA! Glad you like the new tunes too!

I've just started another new cover this afternoon and it'll be ready in the next day or two :)

I hope it begins with P.  And ends with 'aschendale' or 'rowler'. :blush:

Actually, I've finished it much more quickly than I thought I would! :) It's not one of those you mention, Raven, but hopefully you'll enjoy it anyway! Think of it as an early Hallowe'en treat for you...

'Flash of The Blade'!!!

:D

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 29/10/06)

Sounds interesting - Flash of the Blade. This is one of the better tracks on the excellent Powerslave album, in my humble opinion. ;)

Shall give it a whirl tonight.

Nice guitar work on this one, Thingfish! I really like the instrumental part in the middle of the song, it's very joyful :)

I'm listening to 'Flash of the Blade' right now.  It sounds excellent.  The acoustics are great throughout and the best singing part is the chorus.  I especially love the beginning and the acoustic part between 2:57 and 3:10.  For some reason the ending riffing sounds eerie -- in a good way. I love the original and you did it justice with this acoustic piece.  Great work!  :ok:

Many thanks, both of you. Always great to hear people enjoying them!

Wow,  Sign Of The Cross is brilliant.  It gave me shivers listening to it.  Excellent work  :ok:

Hehe, thanks, SS. It took a good deal of work building up the whole Gregorian choir by layering my voice about 20 times, but it seems it was worth it if it got that effect on you!

Excellent stuff, yet again Thingfish :ok: Faithful to the original, but personalised enough to make it your own, brilliant :D

Very good job again, Thingfish. This "drumming" you do is becoming interesting - I like it.

I hadn't listened to Powerslave in so long, this gave me the nudge to give it a listen. :ok:

'Flash Of The Blade' - excellent sense of rhythm, fine guitar licks, nicely sung harmonies. :yey:

There's nothing more I can ask for than the enjoyment and praise of my Blood Brothers (and Sisters!) :)

Flash of the Blade - another one done with a specific vocal style and an amazing guitar work, this song really has the same feeling as the original. The passion in the voice, heavy and deep or sometimes chiming sound of guitars - have you heard the IM version? No? Well, you do not have to - accoustic really rocks!

(oh and the Sign of the Cross - I like the choir as well :-)

Thanks, Belenor! :) Glad you appreciate the work that went into them!

I felt sure Conor would have posted here by now about the cheesiness of the background vocals on the chorus of that last song :D

B) About as cheesy as a French man's breath on Boxing day morning.  I love it!

I thought that would be garlicky. Oh well, great to know the cheese factor was high enough! :)

I dont know if its just my computer but I cant play any of your songs from putfile, it wont let me click on any of the song names. :(

Back