Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 24/09/06)

Hehe, thanks, Yax! It's would be great to have it pinned, although I should be back to creating newer tracks more often, so it should stay well bumped!

That said, I'm back after another short hiatus with another Blaze classic...

'Lightning Strikes Twice'!!!

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 24/09/06)

Thingfish said:
'Lightning Strikes Twice'!!!

Now we're talking mate! Another of my Blaze period favourites. Very well executed, and your backingvocals fits in perfect. As I'm sure I've said before, your voice fits Blaze's work well. Now I'm just waiting for 'The Clansman'.

Cheers and have a pie...Errh...I meant to say praise. Well have a praise!

:bigsmile:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 15/10/06)

Deadly stuff! I really like the layered vocals in your version, in the intro especially. The little interludes between verses are just lovely, they sound very classical and meld with the song very well. The solos are another of the great points of this song. Great stuff, as is expected ;) :ok:

This could possibly displace Sun and Steel as my favourite Thingfish track.  Keep up the cheese man :ok:

Once again, a great job. The vocals on the lines "strikes twice" are great. Good guitar work all round - but you knew that anyway. ;)

Thanks again to you all, as usual! :) Not sure how this is more cheesy than Sun And Steel, but I'm glad it's enjoyable nonetheless!!

Glad to have you back, Thingfish - it's been a while. :)

The triumphant return continues...there's only one track from Killers left to go now, because here is...

'Drifter'!!!

:D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/10/06)

I never really like the original all that much but this version was good.  Not as much cheese as I have come to expect from the 'fishmeister though :(

I can point out the cheese for you as you don't seem to have noticed it, Conor :D

1. The use of the Dsus4 chord.
2. The happy blues solo dripping with gorgeous cheese.
3. The clever addition of Paul Di'Anno's 'sniff' that was caught on tape in the original version. It's at 0:46 if you want to listen out for it :)
4. The double harmonized cheesy ending vocals.

Need I say more? :)

Really nice to hear this version of my favorite VXI track !

I especially like the chorus (the, as mentioned before, "Strikes Twice"-part) and the stuff right after the solos !

Keep them coming !  :)

This is good - just Killers remains until we have the complete album. As for this track, it was one of my early Maiden favourites, possibly because it was so different to the rest of the album and it was an early live sing-a-long before they chose to use Running Free. I still love this track.

Good version Thingfish - great guitar playing towards the end. And bugger me, I never heard that sneeze before until you mentioned it - now I'll be waiting for that sneeze for every play of Drifter (well at least until I get bored of looking out for it).

*checks spelling and grammar as I, Albie, am fully aware of the activity of Conor in this thread* :p

Hehe, thanks again, guys!

Albie : It's not a sneeze but rather just the type of sniff associated with a blocked nose. Paul may have had a cold during the recording session, but he doesn't half pull off a great job despite that!
No Hunlord seal of approval for that last track? :( Maybe he's away at some Maiden gigs...

SealOfApproval.jpg

Well done Thingfish, you are the first winner of the first annual Hun L. Ord award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

Hahahah, yeah, I'm listening to the Rime of the Ancient Mariner Accoustic and the cracking of the boat sounds just greatly, eleven stars out of ten, yeah! And then the best accoustic metal of times, yeah. Great job. (yeah, I know I am quite late with this song but I can't help myself :-)

Thanks, belenor, it was fun to do :) Hope you have time to get through the rest of the tracks too!

Well, I have listened to some six or seven tracks so far and Reach Out, Sign of the Cross and Hallowed Be Thy Name ended up in my winamp playlist :-) I have never listened to the Iron Maiden version of Reach Out so I have no comparison for this. But the other two are my IM favourites and your versions are really good :-) But I'm quite lazy to download everything so I picked my favs and then some tracks recomended by other people. I'd like to be as good as you are in guitar playing :-) Well, I managed to buy some sheet music by Maiden at least, so I have something to learn from, but my skills are weak :-)

I recommend listening to all the tracks, not just faves :) Download the lot and let yourself be surprised when WinAmp randomly plays them! :)

I haven't listened to to your new tracks for a while Thingfish (been v. busy recently!) but having given them all a listen I'm now able to give you a big  :ok: for your cracking work. I'm very impressed by your covers from the new album, most of all The Longest Day. Cheers mate!

Back