Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 15/09/06)

Seems my folksy additions go down quite well :) I won't be adding many to the next track as it is a rocking one, but I'll make sure to do more on the next calmer song I do :)

First time listener here.  I really like Remember Tomorrow.  Slow, sad, reflective song.  It works well with your voice.  Same is true with Como Estais Amigos and Prodigal Son.  And Judgement of Heaven is probably the best so far.

Hey Thingfish now you have a fan in South America! I'm a guitarist and producer, let me tell you that I feel really really impressed with your work. Man you're brilliant playing that guitar, I'm kinda amazed, even I downloaded a lot of songs and sent them to friends ( you could become famous here haha) but everybody thought the same as me: The voice is not equivalent to the quality and brilliance of music. I mean, you fit with the melodie and all that stuff but your voice tone is really weak, I think that the songs lost a lot with that "absence of light" and strenght in your voice (I just expect to not bother or disturb with this opinion because is in a really good way). Maybe God just give you the gift to play but not to sing.

I'm totally sure that if you try with a good singer this could be a totally hit even for the real Maiden guys. I would pay for that!

greetings from South America....

PD: It would be really nice if you publish the tracks in intrumental versions, because your guitar sounds like heaven...what about if you try to reproduce the voice with another guitar?. Well, just things what I would love to see.

Revelations is awsome! Your best so far IMO, can't wait til I can download it!
Keep up the good work!!! :D

Astromaiden said:
Hey Thingfish now you have a fan in South America! I'm a guitarist and producer, let me tell you that I feel really really impressed with your work. Man you're brilliant playing that guitar, I'm kinda amazed, even I downloaded a lot of songs and sent them to friends ( you could become famous here haha) but everybody thought the same as me: The voice is not equivalent to the quality and brilliance of music. I mean, you fit with the melodie and all that stuff but your voice tone is really weak, I think that the songs lost a lot with that "absence of light" and strenght in your voice (I just expect to not bother or disturb with this opinion because is in a really good way). Maybe God just give you the gift to play but not to sing.

I'm totally sure that if you try with a good singer this could be a totally hit even for the real Maiden guys. I would pay for that!

greetings from South America....

PD: It would be really nice if you publish the tracks in intrumental versions, because your guitar sounds like heaven...what about if you try to reproduce the voice with another guitar?. Well, just things what I would love to see.

I've got to agree, mate. Thingfish, you should hold auditions on the forums to see if anyone could relieve you of your singing duties, and leave you to amaze with the guitars.

Also, about the drumming, I'm having a wee bit of a busy time here, and it's hard to get in time to record something that I'm actually happy with, but I practice with the songs quite often. Keep it up!

Thanks for the compliments, guys, but I come as one package and am not in this to make money off my enjoyment of Maiden, but rather to make my own personal tribute to them. I've no desire to sell my tracks. This is not about getting in singers who can more faithfully reproduce the sound of the originals or who are technically better than me at singing, but rather what I myself can produce, so I won't be abstaining from vocal duties any time soon.

Absolutley love the songs thingfish, looking at the list you put so much effort in, thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks, Maiden England, much appreciated! I shall be putting in a lot more effort and have done the background guitars for the next song already, although finding time and motivation to do the rest is proving difficult at the moment!

Well, here it is. I've gone through Heaven and Hell to record this next track...in fact, all week long I was mainly somewhere in between the two...

'Purgatory'!!!

\m/ \m/ \m/

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 24/09/06)

Killers is only two short. I'm downloading it as I type and will give it a whirl tonight.

To all the others who want (or think) Thingfish to (or should) get a different vocalist/better production/etc. - we know you mean well, but part of his charm is delivering them as they are. We need not go into the effort put in to record these tracks, but take them as they are. Enjoy (and use your headphones ;)).

Awsome as usual! \m/ :D

Thingfish good job again. Good vocals and great vocal harmonies (the bit from 0:39 - 0:43). I don't need to harp on any more about the guitar work as it once again is superb. :ok:

It's no "Sun and Steel" but I'm still loving it :ok:

I'm laughing at the 2:22 vocal line :lol:  Great stuff.

Great as ever, Thingfish.I think I've already said all that I can about your work previously to this, so just copy and paste that where appropriate ;)  :ok:

Hehe, what do I need to do to get you to use your imagination to describe your listening experience in other terms than "see my previous comments"? :D :D :D

Conor : I liked that vocal bit. Sort of an evil laugh note, a la Bruce circa 1990-1993 :)

Thanks again, one and all!

Hehe, amazing. I wish I could play a guitar as good as you, Thingfish. Did you learn the songs by hearing only or using tabs? I sometimes find myself unsatisfied with tabs, but my ears are not good enough for catching those little nuances myself. In addition, I try to play Maiden with my friend sometimes, but I am not satisfied with the sound of it. But your interpretation is excelent (and I even like your voice, it works really well with accoustic versions!)

Many thanks, Belenor, great to have you listening!

Yes, I do all these songs by ear and never use tabs either, mostly because tabs can't go into the level of detail required. On the very odd occasion I might look at the sheet music of a song to work out notes in particularly vague passages of play, especially Janick's stuff.

Glad you enjoy it and hope you carry on listening! :)

Hahah, yeah, I have forgotten that it is possible to buy Iron Maiden sheet music :-) Thanks for a tip, now I need to find out how to buy it in my country and how to convince my wife I urgently need that ;-)

Would some Mod please pin this topic? It's important enough, eh?

Back