Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 20/08/06)

Serratia said:
Oh yes, 'The Nomad'! Fabulous instrumental bits, great poignancy and smoothness...:applause:

I agree that Beckett did a great job there... and Thingfishy covered it in the most appropriate way!  -_-

Now, how about some Maiden?  :innocent:

*sigh*

Thingfish, great job. I was very pleased with the guitar work 4:35 on. :ok:

That's great to hear, albie. Let me know what you thought about the other sections too, and what you liked especially about that bit. I like hearing in-depth feedback because it helps me in future versions to gauge what styles people are enjoying the most  ^_^

The bit from 04:35 on (the instrumental) is what I really like about the original - I love the guitar work. On your version you have done a really good job. The backing vocals I thought were quite good also.

It always seems to come back to your guitar playing that really stands out for me. But it is also the little touches you do to replicate certain bits like the "backward message" on Still Life etc. And the whole song always sounds better on headphones.

Thanks again, albie  ^_^ I'm surprised that most people liked that bit the most in my version too :) I personally prefer the solos I managed to churn out  :wacko:

It seems I have been banned from the Maiden Switzerland forum even though my thread of songs was the most popular thread there. They said I wasn't participating in the forum enough (it is in French) and maintained that me mainly posting in my own thread was for my own profit and gain  ^_^

:ph34r:

Thingfish said:
It seems I have been banned from the Maiden Switzerland forum even though my thread of songs was the most popular thread there. They said I wasn't participating in the forum enough (it is in French) and maintained that me mainly posting in my own thread was for my own profit and gain  ^_^

:ph34r:

Do you mean the forum at www.maiden.ch? I'm meeting the webmaster tomorrow night, and I'll have a word with him if this is the case!  :huh:

Yep, that's the site. I believe it was the moderator named Gigi (or something) that took exception to my thread and me even though the rest were enjoying it, and it seems he must have banned me last night and has deleted my thread there.

Gigi's the webmaster and a good mate of mine. I'll speak to him.  -_-

After the way he acted, I don't particularly want to go back on his forum, however.

Thingfish said:
Yep, that's the site. I believe it was the moderator named Gigi (or something) that took exception to my thread and me even though the rest were enjoying it, and it seems he must have banned me last night and has deleted my thread there.
Ha ha!
I'm not browsing this forum a lot these days but I will soon come back and ask for more Thingfish-related topics! ^_^
Gigi is cool anyway I believe that Maverick can help by making him drink a dozen beers!
:rolleyes:

He's a good bloke, believe me.

Did you post in French, though? I know he's not exactly a friend of Shakespeare's beautiful language...

Yep, I posted everything in French, never a word of English.

So this calls for action. Supermav will sort him out!  :ok:

As I say, though, I don't particularly want to be back on his forum anymore. Seemed rather petty of him when there are plenty of other people who may post tons of threads but which are all about "your favourite Maiden album" or "who is the best singer?"

Actually Thingfish speaks a better french than me. I even thought you were from a french-speaking country when I saw your thread on maiden.ch.

And by the way congratulation your versions. I haven't listened to all of them but I really enjoyed those I've already heard and especially The Thin Line Between Love and Hate which I've listened to 50 times and I can't get tired of it.

Thingfish said:
...tons of threads but which are all about "your favourite Maiden album" or "who is the best singer?"

Don't you love those? We have plenty of them over here too, and they're actually quite useful: you can spot the n00bs right away, as this is usually where they make their first posts!  :innocent:

Seriously, I wasn't expecting such an attitude from him and I have to talk to him, if only for clarity's sake. After all, he was the first one to promote the excellent tribute of Xav & Dani, and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't treat your -- also excellent -- work the same way.

Maybe it works, maybe not. Sometimes people have a "second face". One face to person A, the other face to person B.

Back