Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 11/08/06)

Hehe, thanks, albie :) I'd actually finished recording all the guitars and the solo about an hour after it went online yesterday but I had to go to bed and didn't have time to do the vocals, otherwise it would have been online last night! :D

Ayeeeeee!

I like it but the production seems to be somewhat lacking in the vocal department.  Have you changed some setting on the software you use?

I like it :) (it has a cheesy chorus)

I've not changed any setting here, Conor. Maybe your system is too good? :) It sounds pretty similar to the other rockers I've done. Unfortunately the vocal is too high for me to do it an octave above, and maybe that is partly what you're missing :)

It seems you associate cheesy vocal sections as having a high second voice above them :) Not sure why that's cheesy, but as long as you like it :D

Thingfish said:
If anyone notices any extra tracks for the 'Non-Album / B-Sides / Covers' section that I've missed out (forget about the ones Nicko sings, I'm NOT doing those!!  ^_^ ), then please let me know!
Thingfish, not sure if you missed the following because you won't do them, but here are some:

All in you Mind (B-Side of Holy Smoke)
Nodding Donkey Blues (B-Side Be Quick or be Dead)
Roll Over Vic Vella (B-Side From here to Eternity)
Pas The Jam (B-Side Wildest Dream)
More Tea Vicar (B-Side Rainmaker)

Brilliant, albie! Well remembered! I'll certainly be doing 'All In Your Mind' and 'Nodding Donkey Blues', but not the rest, as you can imagine!  ;)

I've gone old-school this time with a classic b-side...

'I've Got The Fire'!!!

^_^ ^_^

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 13/08/06)

"I've got the fire" (Maiden used to open with that many a year ago, didn't they?) - I think this is possibly the song that sounds like your having the most fun with  - dunno why, I just get that impression.

"Different Worlds" - This track (the original) is growing on me somewhat, I still think it's not as good as the other two from AMOLAD. Thingfish, good job on this also.

Two thumbs up.

:ok: :ok:

So, er where is BTATS? :innocent:
I was running a book on when it will be covered by you - 1pm today was Conor's guess, mine was midday. :huh:

Thanks, albie! It was fun to record, but I'm not sure why it sounds like I had more fun that normal doing it  -_-

Actually, I won't do BTATS before the album is released, as the lyrics in the streamed version are too indistinct, and also I didn't want to do two songs from the same album one after the other. I'll come back to it in a couple of weeks  ^_^

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 08/08/06)

Thingfish said:
Seems like Shadow, Maverick, Hunlord, Conor, SilentLucidity, Silky, national acrobat, Perun or LooseCannon don't post here anymore  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Sorry about that Thingfish, I was on holidays for the week ;) I'm currently downloading the tracks from Sign Of The Cross and once I give them a listen I'll no doubt post how great you are and what superb versions they are :p

Thingfish, what do you mean with:

"For the record, I will NOT be doing an acoustic cover of 'Age Of Innocence (How Old?)',"?

Hunlord : Great to have you back. Your comments have been missed!

Forostar : 'Age Of Innocence (How Old?)' is a hidden track on the 'No More Lies' single where Nicko sings his version of 'Age Of Innocence' in his usual madcap style :) I can't reproduce that! :D

Thingfish said:
Hunlord : Great to have you back. Your comments have been missed!

Forostar : 'Age Of Innocence (How Old?)' is a hidden track on the 'No More Lies' single where Nicko sings his version of 'Age Of Innocence' in his usual madcap style :) I can't reproduce that! :D

Ahhh... totally forgot about that one ! :)

I may also not end up doing other ones with loads of funny accents, like Sheriff Of Huddersfield and Bayswater Ain't A Bad Place to be, but I've listed them in the 'To Do' section. I'm looking forward to trying 'Black Bart Blues', although I'll not be doing Nicko's rambling that comes after it! :)

Excellent as usual Thingfish, I can never fault anything in your tracks so I'll just give you these :okok:

Back again with another...still 'Old School', but a little newer than the last one...

'Another Life' added!!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 18/08/06)

Nice drum intro Thingfishy :lol:

I like it, even though the original is pretty crappy IMO.

Fantastic job who have made there!

I like, that you also cover some of the not-mainstream Maiden songs :)

Yet another good cover, Thingfish, of a fairly simple song (at least lyrically).  When listening to this song, it has always struck me how it's mostly made up of solos and various improvisations.  Still, another good effort.

And for Conor, you should check out any live versions of it (particularly 'Beast Over Hammersmith').  They make it sound 100 times livelier than it is on Killers.

Great stuff as usual Thingfish, the drum into is very well done, as it is on The Prisoner and Gangland :ok:

Back