Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 18/08/06)

OK, here is my thoughts on Another Life - I love this track, the punky type rhythm guitar in the middle is easily the best part.

Good rendition Thingfish - but I do wish you had a bit more beef on that punky bit at 1:40ish on. Maybe it could not have been done an other way, but good job overall all the same ('tis another Albie seal of approval) - great drum intro. :ok:

Damn! Didn't get the 100% albie approval this time. The original isn't beefy in that section, but maybe it's just an albie beefyness thing  -_- I shall try to better myself next time.

No, Silky, this one was not lyrically challenging, as the original was not, but at least I found my voice sounding a bit like early Blackie Lawless, which can't be a bad thing!! :)

For a great Bruce rendition of it, watch the Ullevi concert from last year. He was on fire there!

At any rate, this has got me a step further to finishing the Killers album, which I hope to do soon!  ^_^

Thingfish said:
Damn! Didn't get the 100% albie approval this time. The original isn't beefy in that section, but maybe it's just an albie beefyness thing  -_- I shall try to better myself next time.
Thingfish, ignore my drunken ramblings last night! I have listened to what you have done thus far from Killers - this time through my headphones (not for a while have I listened to it this way). I take back what I said before about Another Life as listening to all the stuff through headphones gives a different perspective to it. It sounds so much better - consider it a 100% a.s.o.a. ;)

Thingfish said:
At any rate, this has got me a step further to finishing the Killers album, which I hope to do soon!  ^_^

I look forward to hearing your interperetations of 'Killers', especially that opening riff! ;)

Great stuff as usual, but your best performance is still Judgement of Heaven. Even though this is good stuff, the vocals didn't catch me as most of your other work did. Or I'm just tired. Keep up the great work!  :okok:

albie : All my songs are mixed for listening on headphones which is how I mostly listen to them, so they will indeed sound better with some. Now have a listen to the rest of the songs on headphones, preferably late at night with the lights off allowing you to fully concentrate on the pieces! I think 'Sign Of The Cross' and 'Rime Of The Ancient Mariner' sound particularly good like that! :)

Yax : The vocal style for the Killers tracks is naturally a lot different to Blaze's style on The X Factor, so I couldn't really do this track in a Blaze impersonation ;)

Thingfish said:
Yax : The vocal style for the Killers tracks is naturally a lot different to Blaze's style on The X Factor, so I couldn't really do this track in a Blaze impersonation ;)

I didn't mean in that way, I was not talking about the styles, It didn't catch me as i.e. Remember Tomorrow.
And, I'm tired, so take my comments with a grain of salt, mate.  -_-

Anyway, have a praise.  -_-

Thingfish said:
Now have a listen to the rest of the songs on headphones, preferably late at night with the lights off allowing you to fully concentrate on the pieces!
I have to wait for Fear Of The Dark to do that  ;)

Well, here's another Maiden epic which I hope you'll enjoy! Once again best heard with headphones, but I hope it'll stand out through speakers as well...

'The Nomad' added!!!

:o :o :o

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 20/08/06)

Not my favourite song from Brave New World, but you always do a great job and this is no exception. I really like the chanting before the singing begins. The slower choruses is especially brilliant, the harmonising vocals work great. The best part though is the guitar at around the fifth minute to the seven minute forty mark. Excellently done, lovely tone and just great!  :D :ok:

Thanks, Hun :) I like that middle section, but I like the solos better  ^_^

Great job Thingfish ! My favorite track of all (until now) !

Thanks, Forostar! Tell me the details of what you like about it! I like the feedback!

^_^

I'm just downloading it as we speak. I'm on a quick lunch hour and I will listen tonight. Though I am looking forward to this one as it is (aside from BB and OOTSP) one of the best on BNW due to the guitar work in the middle section - which I'm sure you will have done well Thingfish.

Oh yes, 'The Nomad'! Fabulous instrumental bits, great poignancy and smoothness...:applause:

Thanks, Serratia, glad to know you're listening too :)

Listening to the slow section and smiling... -_-

Thingfish said:
Thanks, Forostar! Tell me the details of what you like about it! I like the feedback!

^_^

Well, you present a very nice atmosphere and all the guitars sound very "flowing". I like the vocals very much (nice harmonies also in the beginning and the chorus has been adapted nice to your own vocal range!) and especially the opening vocals are cool! This song is so rhythmic that I don't even miss any drums. Perfect idea for Maiden themselves to perform this song like this. :)

Thankyou both :) Very kind!

There is one little bit of drums in there, but it's quite quiet and could easily be missed. It's the little tapping cymbal at the beginning of the breakdown in the middle section :) I did it tapping the plectrum on the guitar, but you won't hear it well unless you listen on headphones.

I liked the way the solos came out as I improvised the majority of that section.  ^_^

Back