Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 19/07/06)

Don't worry, albie, I was going to carry on anyway ;)

My covers are now on 15 different Maiden BBs in six different languages including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese! I myself am fluent in German and French already, and can read the others fine. For the writing I've been mainly using Google Language Tools and correcting its mistakes :D

:ph34r:

Get a job :P

Thingfish said:
Don't worry, albie, I was going to carry on anyway ;)

My covers are now on 15 different Maiden BBs in six different languages including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese! I myself am fluent in German and French already, and can read the others fine. For the writing I've been mainly using Google Language Tools and correcting its mistakes :D
A man of many talents!

Nice work on the recent songs. I'm appreciating them all more now that I have more time on my hands to listen to them again. :ok:

Back with another very beautiful Maiden song and a wonderful one to play and sing...

'Judgement Of Heaven'!

-_-

Thingfish said:
Back with another very beautiful Maiden song and a wonderful one to play and sing...

'Judgement Of Heaven'!

-_-

Very interesting ! This song has an instrumental intersection which has been "re-done" by Maiden a couple of times. (In "The Educated Fool" and "No More Lies" if I am not mistaken).

This song and "The Unbeliever" are my favorite never-played-live songs from TXF. :)

I am listening right now and I love the chorus and the just mentioned intersection ! Hats off ! :)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 22/07/06)

One of my favourites from TXF, excellently done, as per usual :ok:

I must admit, JoH is my least favourite track on TXF - I find the first minute or so a little too, well, predictable with rather simple lyrics ("You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind" :huh:). That said, the rest of the song is great, especially the chorus. But that's just my opinion.

However, your version Thingfish, is once again done superbly. And I must stress - your best vocals. :)

Thanks, guys. The vocals reach my upper limit of range, albie, having a bass voice, but I think I just managed it!  -_-

I've listened to all your great work and I think all the songs are extremely great, but your version of "Judgement of Heaven" is you at the top, the greatest of all your work. Call me nuts, call me insane, you can even call me Mr. Bush but I like it even better than the original Maiden-version! (And I like the original a lot.)

Cheers and keep it up.

No bass intro :(
Nice version though :mellow:

Conor said:
No bass intro :(
I don't have a bass guitar, Conor, so all the bass parts I've recorded have been on the acoustic :)

Yax : Many thanks! Your enjoyment was my aim from the beginning, and I'm glad it's been achieved. I'm flattered you would think it better than the original/

Well, I've listened to JoH, and I must say you surpass yourself, Thingfish.  Your voice sounds very different from any other track before, and the acoustic work is brilliant as per usual. :ok:

Thanks, Silky :) It is the same voice, but I've tended to sing a good deal lower or not trust it to reach those notes. The note in 'Tell me if I'll ever rest in peace' is about the highest I can do in full voice  :-[

WoOOhOo! I'm catching up on Megadeth in Silky's Most Played tracks on Last.fm :D

Thingfish said:
WoOOhOo! I'm catching up on Megadeth in Silky's Most Played tracks on Last.fm :D

You're tied with Rush in my charts :D

(however it is in 18th place :P)

My genuine last.fm charts:

1  Iron Maiden        Plays:212
2  Biomechanical    Plays:66
3  Anathema          Plays: 58
4  Thingfish          Plays: 45
5  Kreator              Plays: 40

Note: I have to say that the top three are my current favorite bands and I am totally enthused by them at present (though the top artist will always remain the top).

Back