Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 13/07/06)

Oh yes! -_-

The intro came "alive", great riff and slow part. The solos are simply wicked. And I really love the singing on this one: you are a Paul-type to my ears ;).

This is...wow.  I thought Hallowed and Fates Warning was good...but this is one of the best songs you could have chosen.  Your voice suits Paul Di'anno's perfectly, especially in the breakdown in the middle.  'Charlotte...' has got such a catchy, simple melody and riff, anyway, it translates brilliantly to your acoustic.  Thingfish, you've done it again!  Might I suggest another Di'Anno-era song next, as you have done brilliantly on all of them! ;)

Many thanks, you two, it's very satisfying to know they are appreciated!

Silky : I've already done 3 from 'Iron Maiden' and 6 from 'Killers'! I think I'd best move onto the albums where I've only done 1, such as 'Dance Of Death', 'X Factor' and 'Virtual XI'!
^_^

Thingfish said:
Many thanks, you two, it's very satisfying to know they are appreciated!

Silky : I've already done 3 from 'Iron Maiden' and 6 from 'Killers'! I think I'd best move onto the albums where I've only done 1, such as 'Dance Of Death', 'X Factor' and 'Virtual XI'!
^_^

Right you are, Thingfish! :ok: I guess I just want to have my cake and eat it... :rolleyes:

Some of you may know I am a statistic freak (deninitely in the Maiden “business”), so I couldn’t resist doing some for Thingfish ! :)

1. Iron Maiden................................4
2. Killers  (including Twilight Zone).....7
3. The Number of the Beast..............4
4. Piece of Mind..............................4
5. Powerslave.................................4
6. Somewhere In Time......................3
7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son......3
8. No Prayer For The Dying...............3
9. Fear Of The Dark.........................3
10. The X-Factor............................3
11. Virtual XI..................................2
12. Brave New World........................2
13. Dance Of Death.........................2
14. A Matter Of Life And Death..........2

B-sides:.........................................2

A few notes:

- After 48 tracks (including The Ides of March) Thingfish seems to find The Killers material challenging, since he did more than the half of it. It’s pretty cool, because this album could be seen as one of Maiden’s most aggressive, and even least melodic releases.

- From the eighties period he recorded all the longest songs, apart from SSOASS (would be great !)

A great statistician, you are, Forostar! :)

It is interesting that I have tended away from the Blaze numbers even though my voice is probably best suited to them. I reckon I'll do one of those next.

I was also playing Black Bart Blues on acoustic the other day and it was very funky :D

Thingfish said:
Thanks, Prisoner, I hope you especially liked the cover song with the same name as you!

Acutely The Prisoner is one of my favorites that you have done next to Childhoods end and  Como estáis amigos.
Great job on Charlotte the Harlot. ;)

Forostar said:
Thingfish, it might be true that most people love your acoustic guitarwork more than your vocals

Sure your guitar work is better then your vocals but your vocals are still really good and that’s why the covers sound as great as they do. BTW I think Educated fool would be a great song cover. :o

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 16/07/06)

Thanks, Prisoner! Here is a compensation for those of you who can't hear the new Maiden single live tonight, I hope it's a suitable substitute!

'When Two Worlds Collide' added!!!

:o ^_^ :o

P.S. Interesting, I sent a PM about this round and got the message "Unable to find member 'Maverick'."  :o :o

Thingfishy? It would be cool if you could do Dance Of Death.... Could you?

Jake said:
Thingfishy? It would be cool if you could do Dance Of Death.... Could you?
They will all be done, eventually, I've no doubt. But DoD will sound good acoustically.

Thingfish, did you put an echo on the vocals during the chorus? Another good job here and once again great guitar playing. :ok:

Albie said:
They will all be done, eventually, I've no doubt. But DoD will sound good acoustically.

Thingfish, did you put an echo on the vocals during the chorus? Another good job here and once again great guitar playing. :ok:

Dance of Death is roughly 90% acoustic, so... ^_^

Can't say anything about the new tracks-I've downloaded them but am too tired to listen.  I'll give them a good crack tomorrow and cast my verdict, but I think it'll be good-at least in choosing a VX1 track you don't have to worry too much about annoying drum fills to simulate! :p

Albie said:

Yes, albie, I did add an echo. Hope it was ok! :D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/07/06)

Here's an added bonus that I recorded so I could show off my amazing vocal skills...

'Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)' added!!

:ph34r:

P.S. I am fully aware that the very end of the tune sounds funny. It happened that way the first time I recorded it and I liked it so much, I left it :)

Thingfish said:
'Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)' added!!

:ph34r:

Great work as usual. There's only one thing that confuses me. Why don't you have an albumcontract with EMI or something?

Great work as I said. Have a praise.  -_-

Possibly the fact that I didn't write any of these songs may come into it :)

Thingfish said:
Possibly the fact that I didn't write any of these songs may come into it :)

Have you ever seriously written songs?

No, I have seriously written tunes, but am not very good at lyrics.

Thingfish said:
Here's an added bonus that I recorded so I could show off my amazing vocal skills...
Nought wrong with your vocals, it's just your guitar playing is, well, sublime and totally eclipses anything else - IMO.  :D

Hope you enjoyed the extra guitar picking section I added at two sections in 'When Two Worlds Collide'. The first is just after the first singing section and the last is near the very end.

Well, just typical! I go on a holiday quest of tr00 gr1mness for a week and you release an albums' worth of material. All excellent, by the way, Hallowed Be Thy Name is just perfect and the rest, well I can't say anything about them that I haven't said about your previous work. All magnificent :D

Back