Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/07/06)

And I've already started work on another tune, Hunlord :) I'm Mr. Prolific! :D

Thingfish said:
Here's an added bonus that I recorded so I could show off my amazing vocal skills...

'Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)' added!!

:ph34r:

P.S. I am fully aware that the very end of the tune sounds funny. It happened that way the first time I recorded it and I liked it so much, I left it :)

You work to fast for us to listen... :grumble: :D

I love When Two Worlds Collide, especially that decoration near the end-is this another one of your hidden riffs, or simply a pattern you decided to add in?

And as for Losfer Words...I don't need to say anything.  Brilliant guitar work, as usual. :ok:

Thingfish, you've said you are not good with lyrics...For fun I wrote some lyrics a few minutes ago, and I'll offer them to you to make something fun of them ^_^. Yes, they are quite mediocre and very cheesy, but it would be a funny "project" :p.

Yax said:
Yes, they are quite mediocre and very cheesy, but it would be a funny "project" :p.
ThingYax?
YaxFish?
The Yax Thingfishers?
The Thingfishers Yax?

Hmm, so what name will you go under? ;)
Losfer Words. Another Albie seal of approval. :ok:

Though I was half expecting the Flash of the Blade riff straight after. Just habit of listening to the original, I suppose

Yax said:
Albiefish perhaps? Or Yaxbie :p?
No, I'm liking "The Yax Thingfishers", got a good ring to it. ;)

Although Yaxbie seems pretty cool.

Silky said:
I love When Two Worlds Collide, especially that decoration near the end-is this another one of your hidden riffs, or simply a pattern you decided to add in?

No, that pattern was something I just made up on the spur of the moment. Seems to work quite well :)

Yax : I've got work enough at the moment which I've started already. Once I've finished this Maiden project, I can write you a tune! :D

I've gone for a fairly new track this time...very new actually...a classic that Maiden have never played live...shows how contemporary I am! :)

'The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg' added!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

Thingfish said:
Hope you enjoyed the extra guitar picking section I added at two sections in 'When Two Worlds Collide'. The first is just after the first singing section and the last is near the very end.

I noticed this picking ! Nice addition man :)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 19/07/06)

Your best work!! Your voice worked relly well for the slow intro! But in the heavy part, you're holding back again...Or at least it sounds like it. Excellent guitar work nevertheless. :)

I do have neighbours, unfortunately, so I can only sing so loudly :) I think it came out pretty well this time, though. I managed to keep the sound spikes to a minimum!  -_-

I thought that my eyes decieved me when I read the message, but no! As I listened The Reincarnation Of Benny Breeg, I was amazed at how quickly you got the song down and sounding so great! I particurlarly think that the guitar behind the chorus is fantastic. Excellent job Thingy :ok:

Hehe, thanks, Hunlord! I'd learned it by Monday night, but didn't have the chance to record it til Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Glad I still have the ability to surprise and delight!  ^_^

DeadlySinner said:
Neighbours, every musicians nightmare.
Musicians, every young mother's nightmare... ;)

SilentLucidity said:
Musicians, every young mother's nightmare... ;)

Musicians, every drummer's nightmare...  :innocent:

Made public at 00:08 Monday 17th July. Entire song covered by Thingfish and put on his site by 19th July 23:22. Amazing turnaround.

Gave it a quick listen, and enjoyed it again. I do see what Deadly Sinner means by you holding back on the vocals, but the overall end product is good. You need to patch your walls up with egg-boxes (apparently these are good for soundproofing - just make sure they have no egg residue on them. ;))

I don't think I was holding back the vocals more than I have done in any of my other songs. Indeed, I certainly wasn't holding back in the section beginning "Someone to save me...", it just maybe sounds like that :)

It seems your vocals have been getting some stick over the last few days. Ignore us whinging sods and just carry on producing the stuff as I bet nearly all of us could not do any better. I'm happy with your end result. :)

I saw your Acoustic covers on another Maiden BB the other day - so, global domination for Thingfish is it. ;)

Back