Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 09/07/06)

Fates Warning, one of the most underrated Maiden songs of the nineties imo.
Great job !

Best part of the song, aside from the intro, is the guitar work in the middle. :ok:

Glad that one came out well. I should maybe do an instrumental next, since it seems it's those bits that people like the best... :-[

Hello this is my first post at this forum, after sometime browsing around here I decided to make an account.
Thingfish I have listened to almost all of the Maiden tracks that you have done acoustically there all brilliant, I don’t know how you use just your computer and guitar to make such great covers. Keep up the great work cant wait to hear the next one. -_-

Thanks, Prisoner, I hope you especially liked the cover song with the same name as you!

I suppose it could be thought of as a painstaking process, but I'm used to it now. It's all recorded using a single microphone directly into the Cubase SX3 software so I have to do usually around 15 different tracks per song to get all the instrumentation and vocals down. It takes longer depending on the song, of course. For example, I did 'Fates Warning' the other evening in only a couple of hours, but 'Rime...' took a day  :o

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 11/07/06)

Interesting avatar you have Thingfish!

It's an avatar? I thought it was his picture!  ^_^

Sorry, mate. I was joking, eh?  :-[

Maverick said:
It's an avatar? I thought it was his picture!  ^_^

Sorry, mate. I was joking, eh?  :-[
You knew what I meant.  :angry:

Although Thingfish may well turn round and say it is he with an Eddie mask :huh:

Albie said:
You knew what I meant.  :angry:

Erm... well... yes, 'course I did!  :-[

Albie said:
Although Thingfish may well turn round and say it is he with an Eddie mask :huh:

With the increasing popularity of our resident acoustic tribute player, we'll soon have Eddie wearing a Thingfish mask!  :D

Maverick said:
With the increasing popularity of our resident acoustic tribute player, we'll soon have Eddie wearing a Thingfish mask!  :D
That would be something to behold. :)
If I could be bothered to do a Conor and merge an Eddie picture with the South Park face of Thingfish, then I would. But I won't. I think you get the picture. ;)

Albie said:
If I could be bothered to do a Conor and merge an Eddie picture with the South Park face of Thingfish, then I would. But I won't. I think you get the picture. ;)
thingfishy.jpg

Good one Conor :lol:

Thingfish >> Eddie

Hehe, great picture, Conor :) I'll keep that one!

Here's the full size pic of my new avatar. It was created by a guy named Todd who is apparently a friend of someone here on MaidenFans and he emailed it to me out of the blue!  :ph34r:

maidenacoustic6xf.jpg

Here's the original Thing-Fish mask from Frank Zappa's surreal faux-Broadway theatre piece :

thingfish2.JPG

And finally another link between Zappa and Maiden, Dave and Steve wearing t-shirts referring to lyrics from Zappa's classic song, 'Montana'!  ^_^

montana8ha.jpg

Thingfish said:
Glad that one came out well. I should maybe do an instrumental next, since it seems it's those bits that people like the best... :-[

Thingfish, it might be true that most people love your acoustic guitarwork more than your vocals, but I can definitely mention songs in which I like the vocals as much as the guitars (e.g. Deja-Vu, Fates Warning, 22 Acacia Avenue, Hallowed), The combination also works. Bruce is more theatrical, but an acoustic guitar doesn't need as much theatrics imo. ;)

Also you are very ON key and harmonies work very well !

Keep going, man :)

BTW: Just heard Genghis Khan and I love the echoes !

Forostar said:
Also you are very ON key and harmonies work very well !
For sure his vocal harmonies are done so well in a few of his tracks.
Overall his guitar playing, IMO, is superb - but his vocals are good. It does make the whole package enjoyable.

You both flatter me :) I'm glad to hear that some people like the vocals and aren't asking for versions of the songs with the voices removed!!

As a reward, have a listen to my latest effort...a special request by both SilentLucidity and another chap from a different Maiden bulletin board...

'Charlotte The Harlot'!!!

:o ^_^ :o

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 13/07/06)

Great job again, I really like this middle piece where it slows down, then into the solos. :ok:

Back