Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 09/07/06)

Wow....just...wow.  That was fantastic.  You captured the emotion perfectly in both the instrumentalisation and vocals, and the overall effect is just sublime.  Thank God you didn't leave this one to last! :p

I'm flattered, Silky and Conor. There isn't much more that I can ask for than praise like that. It's much appreciated!

*Listening to Hallowed*

Great stuff, I really love your guitarwork and the feel of harmonies... 

I am far behind, still have to check a lot of your songs! :)

Would be great to have a big cd set of all this stuff , keep up the good work ! :-)

edit: Just heard *Rime*. A great tribute to my all fave Maiden track ! You capture the same atmosphere !

Thingfish, do you do song requests? ;)

Edit: It would be extremely great with a Thingfish-version of Paschendale!  :okok:

He does song requests with his brilliant guitar work. Well, he did for me!  :mellow:

Char lotte, please.... :rolleyes: -_-

Conor said:
Can a longtime fan such as myself have a request also?

I think"Afraid to Shoot Strangers" would be cool but it's up to your own time Thingfishy ;)
Page 3 guys... come on, wait your turn :rolleyes:

Hehe, seems everyone wants to get one in now :) I did this one for Mav to cheer him up, but as I said, I'm aiming to do the ones that Maiden have never played before first, and then move on to the commonly played ones.

After this monster that has been played at every single gig since 1982, I think I'll go for a very obscure one next! I'll keep your requests in mind, though!

:ph34r:

Brilliant stuff Thingfish.

B/W  long time no chat,  it's great to be back

Great to have you back, Ed, hope you get a chance to listen to all the ones you've missed since you were away!

Thingfish said:
Great to have you back, Ed, hope you get a chance to listen to all the ones you've missed since you were away!

Thanks Dude,  It will take some time,  but i'll get there

Well, to spur you on, I've added another track...one of Maiden's all-time classic hits...

'Fates Warning'!!

^_^ :ph34r: ^_^

Thingfish said:
Well, to spur you on, I've added another track...one of Maiden's all-time classic hits...

'Fates Warning'!!

^_^ :ph34r: ^_^

Yet another underrated semi-acoustic 'No Prayer...' track done incredible justice.  :ok: :ok: :ok:

This track is genuinely one of my favourite tracks on "No Prayer..".

Thingfish, your version has a really fantastic intro, but at the moment that is all I could pay close attention to (I caught a listen in my lunch hour, so time was precious). I'll give it another whirl tonight.

That's great to hear, albie. I hope you like it and get some free time soon to listen to them all in detail.

Put them on an mp3 player and listen to and from work! :D

Thingfish said:
Put them on an mp3 player and listen to and from work! :D
Would be ideal, but alas I have to react to other people around me. ;)

This is probably one of my least favourite Maiden tracks.  Public Enema Number One is miles better and when I first glanced over the post here I got confused and was expecting PENO... never woory, you did this poor enough song an injustice and made a good roundition out of it.

Conor said:
This is probably one of my least favourite Maiden tracks.  Public Enema Number One is miles better and when I first glanced over the post here I got confused and was expecting PENO... never woory, you did this poor enough song an injustice and made a good roundition out of it.

Maybe this will make you like the original, Conor. It's surprising to see how many people don't like specific Maiden songs or periods. Myself, I can honestly say I love everything they have done. And that's not being a sheep, that's just the way it is!

Back