Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 19/06/06)

Albie said:
Is it down-tuned or something (any answer should bear in mind I have very basic musical knowledge - i.e. I can play all the major chords on a guitar, that is it ;))

No, there's no tuning difference, but for playing bass parts on the acoustic I play with my right hand more towards the sound hole as that gives the string a fatter, bassier tone :)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 19/06/06)

Back to some straight ahead rocking...

'Chains Of Misery' added!!!

:o -_- ;)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 23/06/06)

Not my favourite Maiden song, but still a cool cover :mellow: Nice one :ok:

Thingfish said:
Back to some straight ahead rocking...

'Chains Of Misery' added!!!

:o -_- ;)
Interesting, I'll give it a listen and let you know. ;)

EDIT: I admit, it is possibly ranks as one of my least fav Maiden songs, but I have just listened to that track. Two pluses, the guitar work in the middle (very nice :ok:) and the sigh at the end (gave me a smile -_-).

Didn't realise there were so many 'Chains...' haters  :huh: I've always loved this one (but then again I love all Maiden songs, it seems!) Glad I could enhance it for you, though.

I never said I hated it, I just said it wasn't one of my favourite Maiden songs.... :-[

As a Maiden song goes, it is not my fav. But as a song in genarall, it's OK. Like Hunlord said, I don't hate it either - but I do tend to skip that track occasionally when listening to FotD. I can't actually say I hate any Maiden track.

Another plus on your version is the backing vocals. :)

Hehe, ok :) The backing vocals in the original are great, though. You can tell Rod got all the staff in to do those ones  :ph34r:

Hopefully this will be more to your taste...

'Gangland' added!!!

:o :o :o

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 24/06/06)

Great version! The "drums" at the start are great and it only gets better from there, another brilliant job :ok:

Thingfish said:
'Gangland' added!!!
Very good. I like the use of the, how can I put it, sinister vocals in the background. :ok:

Yes, the whispering. I basically did almost the full vocal line again twice in whispering, one in each left and right speaker. The idea is that they are schizophrenic voices in the mind of the man who is on the run in Gangland...

:o

Great stuff, Thingfish! I have some catching up to do but I just listened to Gangland and it's a brilliant version of a really underrated song!

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 26/06/06)

Glad to have you back listening, Shadow!

Hopefully this will bring a tear to your eye...I know it will to SilentLucidity! :)

'The Thin Line Between Love And Hate' added!!

:o

Thingfish said:
I know it will to SilentLucidity!
This was a really strong experience. And after all the emotions, the ending is a nice punch-line. Brilliant! :applause:

I hoped you'd love that one, SL. I really enjoyed singing it  -_-

Dedicated singing indeed, the same goes for 'Gangland'. On that one, you managed to maintain the raw energy, and the instrumental bits are cool and fast! "Chains Of Misery' - fabulous slow part and solo. -_-

"Ohhh I fucking missed it!"  ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Brilliant job, I especially love the "I will hope my soul will fly..." bit. The dual vocals at the start are also fantastic :okok:

Back