Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 24/05/06)

Lovely rendition of The Prophecy, the end "classical" part is a work of art. The chipmunk version is insanely fast, sounds like something for a jig :p Excellent as ever Thingfish :D

Beautiful and intricate. :ok:

I've been playing the classical ending part for 18 years and have always loved it dearly. I hope the embellishments make it all the more exciting for you!

Thanks again :)

The Prophecy-one of my favourite underrated Maiden songs, and you did it perfect justice.  I especially like the classical ending, that was brilliant in terms of quality, consistency and recording.  Brilliant.

As usual, another good job by Thingfish!  Keep it up!  And if I may make a request, may you consider looking at one of the acoustics off Dance of Death for the next one?  Journeyman would be the most likely candidate, but I also think DoD, No More Lies and Face in the Sand would work well.  Just my thoughts.

So glad you like it, Silky! It's one of my faves too.

I'll keep in mind the other requests, although I'm looking to do ones Maiden haven't played live before first...Face In The Sand, therefore, who knows...? :)

Thingfish, great job on The Prophecy - just exemplifies the reason why "Seventh Son.." would sound so good as an all-out acoustic. The bit at the end, well I believe you've given your own little version of that and I was really enjoying when........ "Buffering 33% Complete" Ahh!!!

Great job again :ok:

Got them! Thanks for that, I listened again to your version then Maiden's and I have to admit your guitar playing at the end is every bit as good.

I will admit now, I rarely listen to the chipmunk versions so I can cast no opinion. I'm too busy enjoying the real thing. :D

The guitar-playing may be as good on that bit, but that bit is admittedly rather simple (although beautiful, of course) by Maiden's standards. If I could write riffs or solo like the guys in Maiden, I would be truly satisfied! :)

It seems only some people listen to the Chipmunk versions, and that's fine. I find they remove a great many of the flaws in the originals by the simple fact of their increased speed, and they make for a whole unique Maiden experience. You might want to create a separate folder just for those versions, and then listen to them as a separate album. They are worth it, too :D

To be honest Thingfish, I listened to the first two or three Chipmunk versions and never bothered after that.

The real time versions are superb though.  I'm still waiting on a downloadable version of "Deja-Vu", "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and "22 Acacia Avenue" ;)  Only then will I be complete :P

Conor said:
To be honest Thingfish, I listened to the first two or three Chipmunk versions and never bothered after that.

The real time versions are superb though.  I'm still waiting on a downloadable version of "Deja-Vu", "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and "22 Acacia Avenue" ;)  Only then will I be complete :P

22 is downloadable here.  As for the others, I'll listen to RotAM when it's uploaded and I can listen to it on my own mp3 player/Windows MP.  From the opening two minutes that I briefly listened to earlier, I can say that it is a very well done song (as usual)

One poster from over at the 'Maiden Fans United' forum has advised the following :

"Go to Thingfishy's Putfile page, copy the link of the song you want to download, go to this site: keepvid.com, paste the link there and click download. You will then get a link to the mp3 file that you can download from the putfile service which doesn't allow that normally and you have to stream it."

I guess you guys could use that method until the newer songs gets put on the download site :)

That's funny, I always used http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php before and this idea never occured to me.

That means the bandwidth on notb.org won't be so heavily strained from now on... great news for the owner of the site I guess.

EDIT: The firefox extension I use doesn't seem to work and even going to that site has problems.  Apparantly, the URL is never valid :(

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 09/06/06)

I use a download accelerator called DAP and when I go on to Thingfishy's Putfile page, and then to a song, a window comes up asking to do an Active X Control (or something along the lines of that), I click okay and the accelerator opens up with the song avaiable to download. I don't know if its any use to you but it might help.

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 09/06/06)

Thanks Hunlord, that worked a treat :D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 11/06/06)

Excellent as usual. Bits like the breathing at the start are what make these tracks great to listen to, you may not have a giant multi-million whatever studio surrounding you, but you get all the little touches in that few would notice on first listen and you do them with your own style. I'll buy you a pint if I ever meet you :D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 11/06/06)

Thingfish said:
One poster from over at the 'Maiden Fans United' forum has advised the following :

"Go to Thingfishy's Putfile page, copy the link of the song you want to download, go to this site: keepvid.com, paste the link there and click download. You will then get a link to the mp3 file that you can download from the putfile service which doesn't allow that normally and you have to stream it."

I guess you guys could use that method until the newer songs gets put on the download site :)
Alternatively it seems, what you could do is listen to the track fully and, assuming one is using WinXP, go to the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" and you should see an mp3 file there called "16110571978" (this is what "Running Silent..." is going to be called) or similar. Copy this to somewhere else and amend its title etc. accordingly. If you are using FireFox and you have set it to clear your private data when you close the browser, obviously don't shut it down once you've listened to the track.

I do think your vocals are sounding better, particularly on this one. Good job once again. :D

Back