Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 21/05/06)

Just a thought about this. You say, Thingfish, you will get round to them all eventually - but I was just wondering on what peoples thoughts were in regards to listening to a complete Maiden album in all-out acoustic. I reckon the best albums that would really lend itself to this would be the following three:

Seventh Son....
Somewhere in Time
X Factor

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I will be doing that, albie, but it takes a long time, as you can imagine. I also like doing an eclectic mix of Maiden classics. I've done 4 from Piece Of Mind so far, so I imagine that album will be the one finished first :) I hadn't done any from 'The Number Of The Beast' yet, so, with that in mind...

'The Prisoner' added!!!!!

:o :o :o

Thingfish said:
'The Prisoner' added!!!!!

Excellent job, as always! I particularly like the intro (couldn't you get Patrick McGoohan to do it?  :p). One of my favourites so far.

And who's the poor bugger who's got to update his website...?  :innocent:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 24/05/06)

Sorry, I couldn't get Patrick on the phone to allow me to "do it" :) Besides, using his version would be illegal :D

Glad you like it and that it gives you something to do today!  :wacko:

The intro is brilliant, especially the Chipmunk version. Another masterpiece  :ph34r:

Thanks, Hunlord :) Thought I'd go for something a bit different!  :mellow:

'The Prisoner', especially the chorus, was made to be acoustic. Great intro, great job on the instrumental bit. I love the song anyway, and you really rock, sir! :mellow:

SilentLucidity said:
'The Prisoner', especially the chorus, was made to be acoustic. Great intro, great job on the instrumental bit. I love the song anyway, and you really rock, sir! :mellow:

Thanks, SL! Certainly the chorus is very Scottish in nature and would sound great sung acapella or maybe with a set of lowland pipes and drums :)

Just a quick note whilst on my lunch hour....

Had a quick listen to the intro, I was just wondering how you would do the drumming. Another success I say. :ok:

I will listen to the whole song tonight.

Hope you like the rest of it too, albie :) I did three tracks of the drumming, one for each the left, right and centre speakers, and then added reverb to it create that extra effect. It sounds like the drums should continue through the whole song, but if I start doing that, people will expect it in each song and that would give me a whole lot of extra work  :wacko:

Right, just listened to Prisoner in its entirity. Have to say it now sits as one of my favourites. The guitar break and solo is excellent and the drumming/guitar intro brilliant. I also like your vocals in it, good job. The accent on the spoken intro is quite amusing. Only two other songs that immediatly spring to mind that have a drumming intro - "Running Free" and "Be Quick...", so you won't need to do this in a hurry.  -_-

As for what I said about having a whole Maiden album as acoustic, I hope you didn't think I was making any suggestions as to what you should do (I understand it will take toime to do them all) I was simply trying to open a discussion on what would albums would sound best as all songs done acoustic. :-[

The pace at which your creating them is enough to keep us keen!

The hardest one to do with drums at the beginning will likely be 'Where Eagles Dare', I reckon. Should be interesting to try that one :)

I think overall the best albums to be done all-acoustically would be either 'The X Factor' or 'No Prayer For The Dying'. Those are the easiest ones to play along to on acoustic out of all of them.

I've not done anything from 'Somewhere In Time' or 'Virtual XI' yet, so I imagine my next two will be from those... :D

wasted years sounds fine with acoustic guitar, but not very original.

eddiesson said:
wasted years sounds fine with acoustic guitar, but not very original.

:uhm: I suggest you try to do half as well as Thingfish does, then we'll talk again...  :innocent:

I'm not going to do Wasted Years, yet, I prefer to do the more obscure ones! :)

And with that said, here is the first one from Somewhere In Time that I promised....

'Déjà-vu' added!!!

^_^

Thingfish said:
I'm not going to do Wasted Years, yet, I prefer to do the more obscure ones! :)

And with that said, here is the first one from Somewhere In Time that I promised....

'Déjà-vu' added!!!

^_^

*drools in anticipation of hearing it*

Great job!

I've just downloaded the whole lot. Really good stuff! :ok: Deja-vu is one of my favourites. Nice one! -_-

I like the subtlety of 'Déjà-vu'. -_-

Back