Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 24/05/06)

For some reason, your Putfile is empty for me and the notb site hasn't been upsated with Deja-Vu or Como Estais :help: Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this, as it seems to be only on my pc. And I already tried a server refresh of Ctrl and F5. I really want to hear these :(

Try scolling down to the very bottom of the page of Thingfish's PutFile site, Hunlord. They are all there.

Thingfish said:
'Como estais amigos' added!!!!
Oh my frigging God, the best yet!

I think, personally, you have a lot of "Spanish" type influence in your guitar playing - if you see what I mean - and this really marrys so well on this track. Fantastic.

This once again highlights that the songs originally done acoustically are generally the favorites when done by you.

Nice job Thingfish :D

Can't believe I was so stupid, cheers for that Albie :-[
Oh my H! Deja-Vu is unreal! I love that song anyway, but the acoustic version is just beautiful :ok:
Como Estais Amigos is beautifully sung and actually sends shivers down my spine! Your usual standard has been surpassed with these two masterpieces, I know it seems like I say that all the time, but your recordings just get better and better :okok: Thanks for these great pieces Thingfish, its great to have someone like you making beautiful music and even better that you share it with us!

The latest addition is beautiful. I appreciate the little sigh, and the solo part is a gem. -_-

Great stuff once again!

Now, all you should do is start singing with a full Thingfish accent, complete with the "den", "dey", "der", "dat", "gwine" and so on!  :D

Hunlord said:
Thanks for these great pieces Thingfish, its great to have someone like you making beautiful music and even better that you share it with us!
Nicely put.

I hope Thingfish doesn't mind me adding that he has recorded Rime of the Ancient Mariner and 22 Acaia Avenue.

RotAM is worthy of a listen as he has remained true to his little touches by adding the creaking of the boat in the middle.

Once again :ok:

Agreed.  RotaM is a monster of a track to record acoustically.  Very well done indeed. :D

I would have said it myself, but I've not been able to post here!! :( :(

And I'm having a hard time editing posts too!!!  :angry:

Respect for your work on 'Rime', and '22 Acacia Avenue' really thrilled me. I love the song and you gave it new life. Both solos are superb. -_-

Many thanks, SL. Glad to have such appreciative listeners!

Thingfish, one word for your Rime of the Ancient Mariner.... incredible!  :yey:

Although it pales in comparison with the original, it's good to see how my humble effort still manages to evoke such a good reaction. Truly shows the genius of Maiden!

Thingfish said:
Truly shows the genius of Maiden!
Indeed. But also a talent, that makes these great songs stand on their own as acoustic renditions. -_-

Thingfish said:
Although it pales in comparison with the original, it's good to see how my humble effort still manages to evoke such a good reaction. Truly shows the genius of Maiden!
You're not just working with good material, you still have to make them sound good. Heaven forbid the reaction I would get to my efforts at trying to attempt what you have done, I'll get thrown off the forum.

Many thanks, albie, very kind!

As a thankyou, here's my latest addition, 'The Prophecy'!!

:o :o :o

^_^

P.S. Still can't edit the first post in this thread to add the new date and extras songs, though :(

Thingfish said:
As a thankyou, here's my latest addition, 'The Prophecy'!!
That is something I will look forward to (can't d'load/stream from work - in fact its best I'm not seen spending my time on this - as an IT bod, I need to be setting the example).

Hehe. I'm an IT bod too, but it's nice and quiet here at the university today because most people are away or having exams :)

Back